Does anyone else notice a bad vinegar smell on PRINTFUL products?

Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

I'd like to use Printful for some tank tops because they have a style I like that Printaura doesnt offer.... But I recieved my samples in the mail, and they smell like vinegar. I dont know if I feel comfortable selling that to my customers. :/ Kinda bummed about that. Has anyone else had that issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
705 43 118

Hi, Marisa!

Elle here from Shopify's Social Care team. 

Sorry to hear that your samples smell like that! I've personally never experienced that specifically; however, I do know that if you're unhappy with your products from Printful, they will happily work with you to make it right!

I'd definitely recommend reaching out to their support to get in touch with them about your samples. ? They have a chat option within their app you can use!

Hoping this helps!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Thank you Elle,

Im assuming it has something to do with their printing process/ink.

Has anyone else had this issue with them?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

That smell is a wash they do to aid bonding on the garment.   Lots of companies do it,  it may have just not all come out with the last wash/extraction.  Give them a wash or 2 and it will be good.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Thats such a bummer because they will get shipped right to my customers like that. It was pretty significant on the sample that I recieved. It definietly washed out, but I just wish my customers didn't get it in that condition. It will make me look bad that they have to wash their new clothes before they can wear it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Contact Printful with your concern and ask them if they can please make sure to ger rid of the odour.  I know it is a pain because you are just like me wanting your customer to receive a spot-on product.   Making a note of it for clients on the website making them aware that its just part of the process may help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Your shop looks good by the way.   Do they relabel the garments for you so it's just your branding?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Thanks for the advice! 
They do the tag removal but it's expensive and they make you add a custom tag. I think it comes to like $2.95 or something like that. They already take enough from my profit, so i'm skipping that for now. Printaura is great with that because it costs .50 cents. 

0 Likes