Does it work ?

Highlighted
36 0 0

Hi all, I'm new to dropshipping and would just like to ask, does it really work ? What I mean by this is, can you really earn an income, not necessarily thousands or millions i'm taking about, just an adequate income, extra money ? Also, there are so many sites now offer products so cheap i.e. Ebay, Amazon and others. So many people out there know about AliExpress, it comes up in Google. Also, prices on AliExpress are cheap but factor in shipping i.e. even epacket and price can shoot up. I don't ever want to give up but feel I need to know if it's possible. Thanks guys.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

There are plenty of people profiting from aliexpress, but the thing is, you really need to differentiate yourself and stand out from everyone else trying to do the same exact thing. Also, shipping from china could potentially be a problem due to long delivery times. 

1 Like
Highlighted
36 0 0

Yes that's what worried me. Understandably these days people want items delivered within a few days not weeks. Even though Epacket is supposed to be easier I have read, it can still take too long and I noticed shipping items to the UK via Epacker is considerably more expensive than say to the U.S.  Not sure why this is as distance to the UK is actually shorter than to the U.S.

Is there any way to speed up the shipping through drop-shipping ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
258 0 22

That's why more and more of the chinese companies are keeping stock in the main buying countries now for direct supply. Some of them will service dropshippers from these warehouses but they only keep the fastest moving stock in place.

Personally I think dropshipping is just a race to the bottom. I look at the prices people are selling these items at on eBay and Amazon and just think to myself that they don't know the difference between cashflow and long term profit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
36 0 0

I agree. Prices on Ebay and Amazon are so astronomically low how could anyone compete. They just can't be making huge profits selling items between £1 - £4 with free shipping. Impossible to compete with that.

0 Likes