Drop Shipping - what about address

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there,

I'm just setting up my online store.  Just wondered under the Settings and then Shipping and Delivery section - what address do I put where it says the products are being shipped from?  By default its come up with my home address but I'm using a drop shipping service so should I use their address?

Thank you.

Claire

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @Claire1974 

Since you are dropshipping, you are not buying shipping labels for fulfillment. This means that the shipping location setting isn't exactly relevant for you. The location would be useful and used during the calculation if you were using calculated shipping rates at checkout. In that case, I would recommend using flat rate (or free) shipping costs anyways when dropshipping.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi thank your reply. I’m thinking of offering free shipping. Do you know how I go about doing that for all times?

Also do you know much about the email notifications? Can I send these manually once an order is placed or are they sent automatically?

Thank you

Claire
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Claire1974 

If you are using any dropshipping apps like oberlo, spocket, shopify automatically takes the supplier info as the shipping location. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes