Drop shipping and handmade items in same order?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm thinking about using one of the many tshirt companies to fulfill tshirts. After looking at a few different apps that Shopify offers I'm left scratching my head on how this can be profitable when a shirt is ordered with an item I hand make. 

For example a customer buys a hat, a shirt, and a patch. I hand make the hats and patches but the shirt is made by a drop shipper. I'd have to charge shipping on the items I ship plus shipping on the shirt that comes from the drop shipper. Customers are going to notice the higher shipping rate. 

Mid there anyway around this if I wanted to use a drop shipper for the shirts?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 0 38

Hello There, Ben here - your Shopify Guru!

Most people will partially build in a portion of the shipping cost into the product price. Shipping can be charged on a per product bases but typically with dropshipping your margins are lower for profit because of the increased cost. 

Shipping costs an be the number one factor when a customer is deciding to place an order. You may find some very help full stategies in our blog post:

Shipping & Fulfillment 101: A Step-By-Step Guide for Getting Your Products to Your Customers

If you haven't already I would highly suggest working through that guide. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes