Dropshipping + Retail in Same Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey everyone,

I am new to Shopify - I have used BigCommerce and Volusion in the past, but Shopify is all new to me. I am interested in creating a new store to carry products that I currently have in my own warehouse, but I also want to drop ship items as well. Am I able to do both in my Shopify store using Oberlo?

So for example:

Customer orders two products from my site. I personally ship Product A from my facility, but Product B is Dropshipped through Oberlo straight to my customer. Is this possible? Would it work like that with no problems? Anything else I should know before doing both straight retail and drop shipping in the same site?

Thank you!
Bobby 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 56 113

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

You can definitely run a store where you sell drop-shipped products as well as products you fulfil yourself. :)

One thing to be aware of is that you would need a way to set up separate shipping rates for the drop-shipped products as opposed to the others.

In order to do so, you'd need to look at picking up a shipping app like Better Shipping or Postcode Shipping Extension to add this functionality.

Apps like this will need access to our carrier rates API, which can be added to any plan for $20 USD/month, comes as part of the Advanced Shopify ($299) plan or we can add it for free to any plan you choose to pay annually (in addition to the 10% discount on subscription fees for annual plans). :)

Check out those apps and let us know if you want to add the carrier rates add-on to your store by contacting us via our support site.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for the reply! You have been more than helpful. This answers every question I have.

Thank you again!

0 Likes