Dropshipping - When do I pay the Supplier

Solved
5 0 0

I'm new to the online store business.  I'm N&N = New & Nervous!  Today my questions are:  #1 - when a customer purchases a product from my online store, via credit card or paypal, how soon is it deposited into my account?  I ask because I want to know how soon I have to place the order to the supplier for dropshipping?  #2 - I'm selling womens accessories (handbags, an interchangeable sole base with its solemates (covers), jewelry).  I found several handbags and jewelry that I like but they will be coming from China or Hong Kong.  Will there be extra costs using a supplier overseas vs finding a USA supplier?  The products I've found, from overseas, are very attractive but I'm not sure what additional costs will arise.

Mary Anne Gibson
The Outlet, LLC
0 Likes

Hello @tollcmjfu 

Currently using Aliexpress supplier? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
5 0 0

Yes, I'm currently using AliExpress.  I like the products I see from AliExpress, but I've also noticed the shipping timeframe is very long (i.e., 30-37 days).  That, I would presume, be a problem for my customer.  I, too, wouldn't want to wait more than a minimum of 1 week/maximum 2 weeks.

Mary Anne Gibson
The Outlet, LLC
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

It's going to be hard to drop ship from China..most customers are used to getting their items within a week...AliExpress even though they have very low prices from China..should be used if you are buying items in bulk and then storing them in your warehouse...and then shipping from there...

If you want to drop ship your items you should find a USA based supplier who can ship to your customers in a timely manner...then when you grow your company you can then outsource from China where you can get the volume discounts when you buy from them wholesale....start local first...then outsource from over seas

Make sure you find reputable local suppliers...try Worldwide Brands and Inventory Source...they have thousands of verified suppliers that they are working with

I used DOBA...and Inventory Source

0 Likes
5 0 0

Thank you Demetrius.  I have looked at USA suppliers but there handbags weren’t appealing.  I did research Worldwide Brands and I liked the idea of a wholesaler and drop-shipping directory.  What is DOBA?  I’ll research Inventory Source.

Thanks again.

Mary Anne Gibson
The Outlet, LLC
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello...DOBA is a leading USA supplier...Doba.com...also check out Inventorysource.com...Doba is one of their suppliers
0 Likes
5 0 0
Thank you again, Demetrius.
Mary Anne Gibson
The Outlet, LLC
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

Most transactions are deposited when the item is shipped...customer buys from your online store...order is then processed automatically if you are connected to middleman framework that does that...Like Inventory Source...or the order is processed by you manually...order is then sent to supplier...supplier picks and ships order on your behalf...you provide Customer name etc....supplier generates a tracking number which is sent to the customer with shipping details....THAT is when you generally get paid!

0 Likes