Dropshipping branded items

Jan_Pecnik
Tourist
19 0 3

Hello, 

I have question in regards to dropshipping the product from Aliexpress bellow:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Relieve-Snoring-Nose-Snore-Stopping-Breathing-Apparatus-Apnea...

I have seen many people droppshing this product, and i am wondering if it is fine to droppship such product without actually getting approved to droppship it ( i am assuming most people do not bother with getting access). 

The brand is relatively unknown, is there an issue generally droppshipping relatively unknown brands, or do the same rules to apply to it as for well known brands?

All my other items on store are unbranded but i was wondering about this one. 

When i try to import it into store with Oberlo it says "this item might violate Shopify product policy" which i am assuming it kinda means its branded...thus a problem.

However for example the product bellow also seem to be branded, and yet Oberlo does not report any compatibility issues with Shopify product policy. Where is the catch?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs-1Box-Anti-Snoring-Breathe-Aid-Stop-Snore-Device-Healthy-Care-An...

Jan.

0 Likes
Evan21
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
33 0 10

Hi there Jan,

My name is Evan, I’m a Guru here with Shopify.

When it comes to selling branded products, it's actually best to steer clear if you don't have permissions. Selling branded products without being registered as a "reseller" not only violates the Shopify Terms of Service, but can also land you in some hot water with the owner of the brand. I'll explain a bit more below.

Some companies don't care if their products are resold, which is why you don't get a warning for certain products on Oberlo. However, some companies are very protective, and will take action against merchants selling their products without license. Not well known companies can still take action, so it's still a good idea to take those steps to avoid it... or get express permission.

The catch you mentioned is basically one company saying "if you want to sell our product, you have to have permission" and another saying "you do not need permission to sell our product, anyone can".

That being said, if you did want to get permission, it's usually a decently quick process (depending on the company). It's also worth mentioning [Oberlo Verified](https://www.oberlo.ca/blog/introducing-verified-suppliers) if you use an Oberlo Verified Supplier you won't have to worry about the product needing permission to resell! They're also higher quality products and companies which will really help you out! Then you can sell the product knowing you won't violate any terms of service!

Evan | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Jan_Pecnik
Tourist
19 0 3

Okay understood, and thanks for quick response. 

0 Likes
Jan_Pecnik
Tourist
19 0 3

Additionally i would have one more question, which is in regards to payment. Is it okay to use pre-paid Mastercard to pay for dropshipping? I have currently small limit on my normal Visa card, so i am wondering if pre-paid cards work just as fine with Aliexpress. 

0 Likes
Nicefy
1 0 0

What is exactly needed to resell branded product on a shopify  store ? Business license, reseller manufacture authorization ? I have received from the Department of Tax Administration  a permanent license for the business. Is that all ?

Thank you, 

0 Likes

Hi @Jan_Pecnik 

If oberlo notifies about violation it is better to remove the product. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes