Dropshipping for my retailers that are closed

Highlighted
5 0 0

I want to be able to offer my retail customers that are closed (or do not have a online presence because they do not have the resources to do so even after they are open)...i want to fulfill the orders, NOT A 3RD PARTY.  How can i offer this to them?

This is a BIG need!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1931 83 249

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/fulfillment-services/custom

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Again, that is a SERVICE.  I have my inventory, how do my brick and mortar retailers place an order with me that is a drop ship order, going directly to their customer?  This is different from when they place a wholesale order from me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1931 83 249

So you want to operate as a Dropshipping platform?

You'll probably need to use the orders api, or the draft orders api.

There's a lot more moving parts in doing something like that especially depending on how your reconciling payments(whose payment info is processed)

Otherwise they should just be able to place the order with the shipping info being different from the payments address info.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Yes and agree but it is very clunky (they enter the ship to address but then on the next page it defaults back to their address) and they have to add the end customers address to their list of addresses which will get out of control quick.  You should try it to see.

Any yes, a drop shipping platform as well as a B2B wholesale platform and a B2C retail platform.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1931 83 249

but then on the next page it defaults back to their address

Ah, if your on shopifyPlus may want to try and customize that at minimum.

and they have to add the end customers address to their list of addresses

Hmmm ,note to self.

You should try it to see

Added to the list of tests to try, though I cannot dedicate time to everything.

May want to consider creating a detailed walkthrough of the issue and posting to the dropshipping forum, or the app forum to try and get some app developers that specialize in shipping to pipe in as you may need an offtheshelf app or something custom.

Definately should dig into the dropshipping forum and some search though i'm not sure which keywords will cut out the noisy results

https://community.shopify.com/c/Wholesale-Dropshipping/bd-p/wholesale-and-dropshipping

0 Likes