Dropshipping from Aliexpress - payment problems

Highlighted
2 0 2

For some reason I am having a hard time getting Aliexpress to accept my payments for my dropshipping business. I placed a couple of orders that went through but now I am unable to order anything as I am waiting to be "verified" with Aliexpress and they are giving me the runaround. 

Has anyone else had this problem, and, how did you solve it?

I am in Canada and using a USD credit card to dropship to USA clients, also, I am using Oberlo to process the orders.. not sure if this is relevant but thought I would mention it anyway.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. 

Mark

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ali Express support is the worse!  I am having similar issues, but was already verified!  Now I get a mesage stating my payment method isn't supported.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey guys. I've also encountered this problem with Ali in the past.

I'v had this problem when using a credit card with a different name than the one associated with my Ali account (Using your wife/friend/parent credit card). 

In your case Mark, maybe the credit card you're using is on your name but the fact that it is registered with a different address and especially in a different country might be causing the problem. Ali sees this as an unsafe transaction.

You don't need to use a USA CC to ship to clients in USA, your own CC from Canada will do just fine. If you don't want/can't use your own CC you can always buy a prepaid or a refillable one, with some of them you can even add you name and address to it. 

As for Oberlo, I have no idea if the problem comes from then as I haven't ever used their service (and don't see why people do) but I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't come from them.

Hope this helped, feel free to ask if you need more help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Thanks for the replies Romain and Mike, I did actually figure out a workaround. If I go in and buy credits in the aliexpress pocket it seems to be okay. I buy a larger credit, like $100 and it forces the "Verified by Visa" authentication where I have to enter an additional password. The credit is then applied to my account and I make all of the purchases with the Ali pocket balance and have not had any more problems.. yay! Hopefully this helps someone else.

PS- I am using a USD cc to make the purchases because I don't want to be forced into a currency conversion for every transaction, it is a logistical nightmare for my accountant!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Mark.  My problem is actually paying for the AliExpress Pocket Credits.  I was thinking it was broke and didn't accept US Visa/MC CC's.  I guess it is working though.

Hmm.  Now why are they not accepting my cards for it??!?!  Thats the $10,000 question!  Lol 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi everyone,

I started a shopify store last year for a product that Iinvented, but my core business is dropshipping for other sites, so I wanted to introduce my comapny on here. We are www.centerlinkmedia.com and we have been dropshipping consumer goods for over 5 years. We currently droship over 20k packages a week and have fresh products for store owners to choose from on a weekly basis. We cover most categories from homegoods, apparel, jewelry, phone accesories, and many more. We currently have over 2000 SKU's in stock at our Florida location. We ship all orders within 24 hours and send you back tracking for every order. It's that easy. Contact me today and start selling tomorrow. info@centerlinkmedia.com. Tell them Oscar sent you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for the info ,new store owners are learning from this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

My husband and I run a stopify dropshipping store and we have orders that need to be fullfilled. But we can't do anything because his credit card information needs to be verified! The thing that I don't understand is why they would need a bank statement... I mean, that going a little private in my opinion. But It's ruining business right now, because I can't make any orders. And I also bought money with Ali Pocket and it keeps saying that there are too many people making purchases at this time please try again later. It's been 2 days, and it still says this. 

The live chat support is a horror show, they don't even understant what is going on. 

I just don't know what to do. It's aggravating.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

How did you handle this? Any news? Same story for us... Ali Express support is very very bad! Useless.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Mark

I had some hope in reading your post here but today not so much. They stopped using Alipay balance on Jan 2017 according to message in my account.

So is there any way possible to get my account verified without a bank linked credit card...??

So confuding, and customer service is not helpful at all..grrrrr

0 Likes