Dropshipping plus tracking on-hand inventory

CynergieStyle
11 0 0

HI,

I'm new to Shopify and dropshipping.  I have set up everything with my supplier and it is all working well.  I expect that 95% of sales to be dropshipped.  However, there will be times when I will sell items that I have on hand.  Where I'm confused is how to go about keeping track of those items.  I see bits and pieces to the puzzle here and there but I suspect I'm missing a crucial key understanding to tie it all together!!  Are there any resources that address this specifically?  All assistance appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

0 Likes

Hi @CynergieStyle 

Shopify Store supports multiple suppliers.  So you can sell products from any suppliers and your own inventory as well. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
CynergieStyle
11 0 0

@dropship_helps wrote:

Shopify Store supports multiple suppliers.  So you can sell products from any suppliers and your own inventory as well. 

Understood!  My question though is how do I set up my own on hand inventory.  Here's a more specific example. I have a tote bag available online that is dropshipped from Art of Where to customers.  But I ALSO have that same tote bag purchased wholesale from AofW in my possession.  i may sell them at an event, for instance.  i want to be able to use the POS app to sell and track those items.  I'm just a little stuck on how I make that happen.  Do I create separate product items for on hand inventory?  Or...? something else?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Ofcourse Yes. You should create separate listing for your own inventory and the dropshipping product if it is the same product. 

But if I am a customer I may think about why the same product got two listings.  How will you solve this? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
CynergieStyle
11 0 0

Is the solution to only make the 'on hand' items available via POS?  

0 Likes