During my test, I bought item from my store and got no profit.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Guys

I have issue that I just experienced when I try to buy from my own store, the status is paid and fulfilled yet I don't know where my profit is or have I missed something in setting a product item? I have checked my bank and there are none coming from my shopify store. In this sale, I am expecting to receive the halves which is USD $12.42 - GST Tax.

I posted it here because I use AliOrder and thats where all my product are being populated from. I have communicated with AliOrder and they also baffled but they cannot answer me because the payment is through Shopify then Paypal and not from AliOrder. :( Please help

COST = USD $12.42 and my PRICE = USD $24.84 (which is NZD $36.85) its Paid & Fulfilled

step1.png

step2.png

Thank you and I hope someone can help me on this. I may continue receiving orders yet I may have none from it :(

Regards,

A

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @archerv!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thank you for including these screenshots in your post. AliOrders is correct - because the order was processed through your store, the payout will be issued from the payment gateway the transaction was processed on; AliOrders is simply the dropshipping app that's used to import products and fulfill orders. Depending on the gateway you've used for this particular order, payout times may differ. Are you using Shopify Payments, PayPal Express, or another payment gateway altogether? 

If the transaction was processed via PayPal, then you will receive the funds directly from PayPal, not Shopify. You can confirm which PayPal account was used by heading to Settings > Payment providers. If you haven't yet received the funds, then it might be worth checking in with PayPal directly. We also have a help doc on getting paid I recommend checking out. This provides some further context on how payouts work for different payment gateways, like PayPal and Shopify Payments. 

As for your question regarding Gross Profit, this number is only generated if you have added a Cost per item to your products. The cost per item field is how much it costs you, as the merchant, for the product or variant. When importing products from apps like AliOrders and Oberlo, the cost per item isn't automatically imported into Shopify, so this is something you will need to manually enter if you are wanting to view your Gross Profit report. AliOrders may also have this report available for you, much like Oberlo does. However, to view Gross Profit report in Shopify, you will just need to add a cost per item for your products. You can do this by editing each product individually, or you can use the Bulk Editor to make multiple edits at once.  

If you are using Shopify Payments, I should also mention that our Shopify Payments Terms of Service prohibits merchants from purchasing products on their own store, as this is considered "self payment". Is there a reason why you are wanting to place an order through your own store? If your goal is to test the checkout, then I would recommend placing a test order. This won't actually process a real transaction, but it will help you make sure that your checkout process and settings for order processing, inventory, shipping, email notifications, and taxes are all correct. Alternatively, were you trying to buy products directly from your dropshipper? If that's the case, then you can reach out to your dropshipper directly and place an order with them so you can see the quality of items. 

I hope this helps clear things up! If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond here. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for the detail answers. I already traced what I am looking for and also now that you mentioned about the Gross Profit then I will start populating the Cost Per Item to be able to see the Gross Profit result.

I am really tempting to make my own real test so that I am sure that the payment went through and the item is ordered and delivered before I will start making advertisement of my store. I don't like the idea of making it available without me making a real test scenario and me to be confident that everything works as expected rather than a surprising issues come along. I do hope though that an immediate help is available in Shopify as Community does not have a real time engagement when serious issues come, but thats just my thought.

Thank you very much of your answer and I will consider it as a solution of the issue I raised.

Regards,

A

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for following up! I'm glad you were able to sort things out. 

If your goal in creating a test order is to ensure that the payment goes through, then I would recommend having a friend or family member go through your checkout. You could even create a discount code as an incentive. To ensure your Shopify Payments account is active and in good standing, it's very important that you abide by the Terms of Service and refrain for processing real transactions on your own store. 

I also completely understand the need for immediate assistance. Did you know that Shopify offers live support 24/7? You can reach out any time via either phone or live chat here. Our Support team is always happy to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Wow. Live chat exist. Thank you for this. I received a reply from my email to support@shopify.com and this 24x7 or Chat support is not mentioned.

Thank you for that.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a similar but more basic question. WHERE are my profits deposited? If someone bought a product using their own credit card from Printful, where are my profits deposited and how do I get them. Does it matter what website they are on when they make the order..printful vs shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hi, @VSTees!

How you receive your payouts would depend on the payment gateway you're using. For example, if a customer processes a transaction via PayPal, then PayPal will be responsible for issuing your payout. If a transaction was processed via Shopify Payments, on the other hand, then the funds would be deposited directly into the bank account you used when you set up your Shopify Payments account. Other third-party gateways will have different means of issuing your payouts, but typically they will be deposited directly into your bank account. 

If you're using Shopify Payments, payout times can differ based on where you're located and we have a breakdown of payout times per country you can access here. It also includes information on how you can track your payouts for each order directly within your Shopify Admin. We also have a help doc on getting paid that I recommend checking out. This help doc outlines how payouts typically work for both Shopify Payments and third-party payment gateways, and I think you'll find it pretty useful! 

When you mention Printful, are you referring to a customer placing an order through Printful directly, or are you referring to a customer who would purchase a Printful product on your own online store? The purpose of print-on-demand is to offer these products directly through your own website, which means that customers will never need to purchase anything from Printful directly. Once a customer places an order on your online store, you'll then be responsible for ordering it from Printful, who will then ship it to the customer on your behalf. For more information on the Printful fulfillment process, I recommend checking out their FAQ here

Regardless as to where the product was imported from (whether it's Printful or another dropshipping app like Oberlo), if a customer purchased something from your own online store, then the payout would be deposited via the same payment gateway that was used to process the transaction. 

I hope this helps clear things up. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you require any further explanation!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @archerv 

USD $24.84 received to your PayPal account?   If yes, you should send USD $12.42 to your supplier and receive the product. 
USD $24.84 -  $12.42  =  USD $12.42  is your profit.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes