Epacket shipping with Aliexpress- what is normal?

Tourist
12 0 2

I just opened up my store very recently- so much so that one of the first test products I ordered is still not arrived, and is not even in my store anymore. I ordered a handful of products and have not received anything yet, and I am wondering if someone can help me understand what is normal. My first order was made on Nov 10 using ePacket, and they gave an estimated delivery of 12 days (I am only counting business days), which should have been yesterday. When I go track the orders, nothing I have ordered has left the country of origin. I know sometimes packages look like they haven't gone anywhere on tracking sites and then the just show up at your house. What are your experiences when using ePacket shipping? How long is normal? How accurate and detailed is tracking? Quite honestly, I'm not feeling good about selling Aliexpress products right about now.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Have you check manufacturers website or Aliexpress to see stock levels?  Also if and when you do see results, myself I would take notes or print screen periodically to see trends.

0 Likes

The AliExpress seller always takes 3 to 5 days to prepare your package, then the package will handover to the carrier and you can find the tracking event for this package. The delivery time is counted from the day of the carrier fetched the package from the seller.

Normally, the ePacket package will take 7 to 10 business days from China to the US, and  7 to 15 business days from China to the Europe counties.

So, it will take 10 to 20 business days from the day you order on AliExpress.

❤️ ShopMaster.com - FREE dropshipping solutions
✔️ Import products | Pirce and Inventory Monitor | Auto-order | Auto Fulfillment
☕ Official dropshipping partner of AliExpress, Banggood, CJDropshipping, and Chianbrands
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
234 15 37

Hi, there.

Ren here from the Shopify support team, thanks for reaching out with your thoughts on this. Longer delivery times can definitely feel concerning, especially with the lightning fast shipping promises that much of the online world is use to these days. Epacket is a good choice though as it tends to be faster than China Post and cheaper than DHL. The expected ship time is around 7-16 days. You may be interested in reading this recent case study that delves into the ordering and shipping process and gives a nice breakdown of timelines. 

While you'll see multiple products that appear the same, keep an eye out for the suppliers who list faster shipping times and who offer epacket. 

Drop-shipping is simply a different business model than large warehouse fulfillment since they use a network of warehouses all over the world and can store products for quick fulfillment and shipping. This may be an option for you down the line if you choose to buy your products in bulk since Amazon can actually store and fulfill for you with Fulfillment by Amazon. However that would no longer be considered drop-shipping and does require the purchase of inventory. 

In terms of how to mitigate this with your costumers, just be honest and clear about shipping wait times. Create a page dedicated to Shipping information and go into some details about expected wait times. Consider adding this clause into your order confirmation emails as well for customers that might not read your information page. Here's another resource on Product Delivery Estimates here. http://bit.ly/34jxIXC

Try having fun with the way you set shipping expectations. For instance, if you’re in the yoga niche and your product might take a few weeks to arrive, remind users that yoga is a good way to strengthen patience. If you sell sweaters, assure customers that it will still be cold when the sweater gets there.

Are your products small? You may want to consider stocking a small quantity and offering an express or "rush" incentive. Having products on hand will enable you to ship them very quickly. You can also try finding products from drop-shippers that aren't overseas. We have a huge list of app integrations you can check out here. 

I hope this helps you feel a little better about moving forward! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes