FULFILLING AN ORDER WITH MULTIPLE SUPPLIERS

2 0 1

Hi!! I'm about to start my first dropshipping company and i would like to know how can i deal with offering products from different suppliers, if i get an order with 5 different items and 3 are from one supplier and 2 from another, how should i fullfill that order so they can arrive together to the costumer? thanks.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 5

Hello Nova,

How exciting your first drop shipping company!

You are correct in identifying this as a potential drawback to having multiple fulfillment centers with different products. It's ideal to try and find a supplier that provides all your products and then have backup suppliers with the same products to cover yourself in of out of stock situations.

The alternative if you are planning on having different products from different suppliers is to consider a warehouse option using a company like Shipwire Order Fulfillment. Without this there is no way to have your products shipped together unless you personally box them. You could consider  including a type of alert for your customers than certain items will be shipped at a later date.

As you are just getting started I thought I'd share with you some great resources on Drop-Shipping:

I hope this helps! Reach out to our live support team anytime, we are happy to help.

https://support.shopify.com/

Cheers,

Jen

2 Likes
2 0 0

You should consider removing the option for Shipwire after reading all the 1 star reviews they received lately. https://apps.shopify.com/shipwire/reviews It looks like a nightmare for everybody. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs.

It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Nova,

I guess you posted this some time ago so you might have solved the problem, but I thought I would chime in in case it helps anyone else looking to solve for a similar problem.

We've developed a product called shipatron.io which is suited for what you are experiencing. You can route orders to different fulfilment partners depending on the product itself, or a product tag. The routing happens automatically based on rules and you'll also get a chance to set what format the notification goes in - via FTP or Email at this point - with more down the line.

Also, you can also configure "dispatch" and "refund" notifications back through shipatron, so long as your drop-shipper or warehouse can support that.

Not sure we can solve the "at the same time" part of your question though, as this would depend on the speed of processing and shipping. But at least the shipping notifications would be split up.

Hope this helps, check out shipatron.io if you are interested and let me know if I can help!

Jo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1
I’d like to proceed with multiple suppliers for my store. Can anyone provide policy advice on what and where I should communicate on my Shopify store to this situation to customers?
0 Likes