Few Sales modarate traffic

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0
Hi,
I am having around 110 sessions per day. I am running ads on Facebook most of them are viewed content and add to cart conversions, spending around 30$ a day. I am having around 2 add to carts and 2 checkouts everyday but no sales. I saw that I have a bounce rate of around 80%.
I having doubts about closing but i don't want to. Is there anything that would really get me some sales?
Thank you!
Francesco Grima
My website is www.thecyclistsstore.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
15 4 6

Hi, Francesco!

Sophia here from Shopify.

I’m happy to hear that you want to keep going with the shop! I know it can be tough when you’re not seeing the sales you anticipated, but it’s good that you’re looking for other things to try.

Facebook ads can take some trial and error to find the product that gets the best engagement and to find the right audience for your store. Sometimes you’ll see lots of visitors coming in, but if they’re not really in your target audience, they’re likely to leave without making a purchase. 

Have you tried Kit? Kit is a free app that acts like a personal marketing assistant. It can help you create ads on Facebook, Instagram, and even in email campaigns. It can also help you out with accurately targeting an audience, so I definitely recommend giving it a try.

Outside of paid ads, Have you been experimenting with any other methods for driving traffic to the website or encouraging sales? One of my favourite resources is Oberlo’s eBook, Free Traffic: No Cost Ways to Promote Your Online Store. Once the right customers are on the website, you can look into other ways to build trust and encourage them to complete a purchase. There are some great ideas here on the Shopify Blog for increasing customer conversion rates.

If you’re finding that customers are adding items to the cart without completing a purchase, you can consider offering a discount to customers in the abandoned checkout recovery email to bring them back. I can see that you’re offering free shipping on all orders and that you have some policy pages added to your ‘About Us’ menu already. To build even more trust, you can also add a shipping policy page to give customers an outline of estimated processing and delivery times.

Let me know which if any of the methods mentioned in Oberlo’s eBook or on the Shopify Blog you’ve tried and if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
23 1 1

Hi @TheCyclists 

I think the main thing you need to focus on is getting a higher number of users to your site every day without compromising quality. 

The average conversion rate for sports and recreation is ~1.5%. With 110 sessions (presuming this is one session per user, which may be low), you should be expecting 1-2 sales per day.

The issue? The numbers are just too small. If you had just one sale you'd be at an almost average conversion rate. 

I'd aim to 5-10x the sessions per day. That way you know to expect 10-15 sales per day. If you are still getting 0-5, you know there is an issue.  

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes