Finding funding for a relatively new startup

jheldt
16 0 0

The way I have my site set up it doesn't cost much but having some money or help would help a lot. I could use it to take more vacation time from my current job, possibly hire some digital help, have more time to add products, etc. Not sure if going through shopify on here would be a better option or a website, I don't think I would need all that much money really to get a good boost for my website. 

Writer, entrepreneur and more, check out my store at www.naturogenix.com
0 Likes
Effie2
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi,

There are a few crowdfunding websites you can launch your own campaign on, asking for any amount of money. The two I would suggest are Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/) and indiegogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/). There are a ton more, here is a link to the "top 10 crowdfunding sites, measured by traffic rank" http://crowdfunding.com/

Good Luck!

0 Likes
JennB
3 0 0

Hi there!

Effie has some great advice about crowdfunding.  It is a really powerful tool for start ups.  Another option would be to check out your local business funding resources.

There are many organizations that help start ups and entrepreneurs like yourself.  Check online for your local Board of Trade - they should be able to point you in the right direction.  You would want to look for start up funding, enterprise boards, community loan funds, etc.

There also may be small organizations that provide business courses at no (or low) cost that teach you the ins and outs of running a business including writing a rock solid business plan (that you could take to a lending institution) to receive a small business loan.

The best part is that once you connect with the Board of Trade or another local organization you will be able to network with other business owners and get lots of great tips, tricks and even contacts about securing funding, government grants or loans etc.!

Good luck! 

Jenn

0 Likes
T_Currie
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Good day jheldt,

When it comes to the crowd funding like Effie was talking about it has more perks then just helping you get a little more cash on the side. You can use them to help promote your store as well by making the perks of the startup be products from your store. This here will make more people come to your store/buy your products that way you can make some extra side money to help you out. Though i'd make the focus of a the startup be more about the digital help and not so much about more vacation time. 

Best of luck,

T Currie

jheldt
16 0 0

Okay thanks for the help guys, I tried a campaign on a few sites but some you either had to pay a monthly fee or for kickstarter its rules wouldn't allow me to do a kickstarter campaign for the business. I agree to focus more on how it would help/benefit my website. I will in the near future check out my local chamber of commerce, as the local board of trade had some pretty high fees to join and the local chamber of commerce is pretty flexible as well. I may try to check out some other crowdfunding websites as well. I tried ongreen.com a website for natural businesses (like mine) and got kicked/banned for some reason Im not even sure of. I didn't get much hits or view (or donations for that matter) but when I do try some again I will revamp my approach and possibly add a video which seems to help a lot. 

Writer, entrepreneur and more, check out my store at www.naturogenix.com
0 Likes