For those of you who use Dropified and Spocket

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I am considering using either Dropified or Spocket to dropship my orders. If I use Dropified or Spocket, how do I set up the sales tax if I were to use U.S. dropshippers? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @jessica0827 

You mean sales tax you are paying to your local government?  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Same rules apply if you were selling the product from your home or business location.

Example:

I live in California.  Sales tax where I live are 8.75%

I would go to SETTINGS --> TAXES and add the tax rate there 

Then, in our particular case, if someone purchases in California and it is shipped to California, we would owe the Sales Tax.  If outside of California, we wouldn't owe taxes.  Be sure to lookup local tax rates in your city or state.  In some states, you do not need a resale permit (ie: tax license) and others you do.

In each of those vendors, I believe there is a setting for this to use Shopify rates. 

Hope this helps.

James

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there @jessica0827!

Vash here from Spocket.

While we're not qualified to offer provide professional advice, let me share with you an article published by TaxJar who helps eCommerce sellers to manage their sales tax: https://blog.taxjar.com/drop-shipping-sales-tax/

Hope you find it useful!

0 Likes