Forwarding partial shipping cost from a combined order

NickHeath
Tourist
7 1 3

We operate a dropship-like shopfront, and want to forward the shipping cost directly to each vendor. This works fine when an order only contains items from a single vendor, but when it contains items from multiple vendors, the shipping is combined, and we cannot calculate what portion of the shipping cost to send to each vendor.

Using the admin REST API, I can see the combined shipping amount for the order, but there's no details on what makes up the combined amount.

Has anyone had any luck reporting a shipping cost separated by item using the REST API? Or using an app?

I've seen a recommendation to just include the shipping cost in the product price and give "free shipping", which works around the forwarding issue, but makes the shipping rates very inflexible.

Hi @NickHeath 

You can use Vendor based shipping cost option in Shopify. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
NickHeath
Tourist
7 1 3

Thanks for the reply @dropship_helps

Do you have a link? I can't find anything on vendor based shipping options. 

0 Likes

Hi @NickHeath 

Please check these two apps.

https://apps.shopify.com/vendor-shipping-rules-1

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
NickHeath
Tourist
7 1 3

I contacted the Advanced Shipping Rules support team, and they say their app's not going to solve my problem.

Their API only provides an endpoint for fetching new rates, not checking an existing applied rate.
Also, they don't record the components that make up a blended or combined rate, just the total, which is the same issue I have with the default Shopify shipping.

0 Likes