Fulfillment by Shopify + Dropship/Wholesale

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

When Shopify rolls out with their fulfillment centers, I really hope they take the opportunity to supply hundreds of thousands of webstore owners the chance to cross-sell other items within the network. How amazing would it be to stock other brands that you would otherwise not carry?

Say I get traffic to my website for my seed packets and collections... We only sell seed packets for home gardeners and do not offer seeds in bulk. 

What if shopify's fulfillment center stocked not only my seed packets for shipment, but also stocked garden gloves, shovels, hoses, grass seed (all items we do not wish to carry). Through the permission of other shop owners, the fulfillment centers could act as a dropshipper. The customer would place their order through our website and we would get like 5% to 7.5% of the additional items sold that would accompany our items shipped from Shopify's fulfillment center.

Just an idea, what does everyone else think? I'd love to offer items that I can't stock due to no room, or due to other variables.

Thoughts and comments on this interesting capability?

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @James_Everly1 

Your idea is great. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3
I really do hope they consider this. It would be like giving the power of amazon to all shop owners across the web in a sense. Everyone’s websites would be linked, therefore allowing us to sell from hundreds to thousands of websites.

I’d love that!
0 Likes
2 0 0

This is Really an Amazing idea mate! Hope this could be executed :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Amazing idea

@James_Everly1 wrote:

When Shopify rolls out with their fulfillment centers, I really hope they take the opportunity to supply hundreds of thousands of webstore owners the chance to cross-sell other items within the network. How amazing would it be to stock other brands that you would otherwise not carry?

Say I get traffic to my website for my seed packets and collections... We only sell seed packets for home gardeners and do not offer seeds in bulk. 

What if shopify's fulfillment center stocked not only my seed packets for shipment, but also stocked garden gloves, shovels, hoses, grass seed (all items we do not wish to carry). Through the permission of other shop owners, the fulfillment centers could act as a dropshipper. The customer would place their order through our website and we would get like 5% to 7.5% of the additional items sold that would accompany our items shipped from Shopify's fulfillment center.

Just an idea, what does everyone else think? I'd love to offer items that I can't stock due to no room, or due to other variables.

Thoughts and comments on this interesting capability?

0 Likes