Funding suggestions

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, 

My name is Tyler Sellars and I am a young entrepreneur with a dream. My passion is to create a successful website that sells men's clothing. This dream of mine is not so unrealistic therefore, I would like to know how most of you e-commerce store owners and/or entrepreneurs have gone through the starting gates. My problem is that I am still a student in Canada and my local Chamber of Commerce does not fund students. Would any of you be able to share some advice based from your experiences in this domain? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

Can you answer this ?

Everyone has clothes what makes your so specials and why should i give you money?

No plan to those with money to help you help them make money = loss of money.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Paul,

First of all I would like to thank you for asking that question. The reason why I love answering that question is because of how much it means to a company. Let me tell you, I like asking the question rather than answering, but I am sure after reading my message you will believe in my company as much as I do.

To get started, you have to realize there is not much a clothing company can do to differentiate their company to the many others, unless they’re selling clothing for Lady Gaga. Now, it is clear that the idea of creating a clothing brand is not something mind blowing and new. This is no Facebook we have going on here, but there are many things that United Empire strives to apply to make the company stand out.

Clothing is a piece of art. There has never been a time in history that so many people express themselves, through art. Make it be tattoos or the clothing that they wear, they all want to become a “someone”. United Empire is different from many other companies because of our ideals of the world and the message we carry to our customers. One thing that is very important is our customer satisfaction, not only with the products but our services as well. For example, we will contact the customer before and after they receive their products to make sure they do not feel like a number on a screen. Our goal is to create relationships and be community through the web. We will have a forum, many contests and a page to view some of our recent customer’s talents (drawings, paintings, tattoos). We are also going to have customers pouring in pictures of their designs for clothing and their pictures with our brand on. One other thing that we are looking into has been to use ecological materials during the manufacturing process. There has never been such a push of the color green!

Thank you for contacting me through Shopify Forums and I hope to hear from you soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

Skip the coc go for the members or find a mentor, intern, get a bank loan,volunteer in your industry.You've already made contact with chamber of commerce, attend any gathers they have, become member/donor whatever they happen to have that lets you in. 

I say this with a large grain of salt watch shark-tank, appealing to sensibilities is great for charities, but generally bad business for an investor and a way to quickly jade yourself.

You've got a pitch thats nice, but what do people hear?

300 words and i still don't know what exactly your selling that is'nt already being sold everywhere.

So is this bespoke clothing? t-shirts with crowd-sourced art or is the business model funded on good intentions?

Is your company community based on your community? Or is this all website based?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

We are currently looking at many options for grants and business loans. Our local chamber of commerce is helping with financing aid and also we have been in contact with the provincial and federal government.

To answer to your questioning about our company. It is certain that our business ideas are all good intentions, but we are not just going to be a peace corp. At the end of the day, we are looking for numbers. This whole idea of creating a community between customers is to bring them back to the store and love their experience. 

United Empire is a men's clothing brand. In general, we will be selling jeans, t-shirts, dress shirts,jackets and sweaters. We wont stop there but that is what we will start off with. The designs are inspired by urban styles, that will be intriguing to young men. 

I hope I could answer most of your questions without going into the 300 word mark, once again.

Tyler Sellars

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

You could try crowd funding. I have a friend who raised a quarter million for their product on Kickstarter. There's also Kickstarter clones like Indiegogo.

I'm a web designer at ecommerce agency Ethercycle - http://ethercycle.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Tyler,

why did you choose just the men´s clothing? Why won´t you focus also on women´s clothes?

Pprovazky

sítě sítě
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

To get started, you have to realize there is not much a clothing company can do to differentiate their company to the many others, unless they’re selling clothing for Lady Gaga. Now, it is clear that the idea of creating a clothing brand is not something mind blowing and new. This is no Facebook we have going on here, but there are many things that United Empire strives to apply to make the company stand out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hm great topic and great sharing....

juegos de cocina juegos de vestir
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 3

As a long-time (20+ years) on and offline clothing entrepreneur of all types of retail/resale, distribution, production, manufacturing and so forth, I have one suggestion:

Read Mark Sheehan's book, "Scent of a Dollar"

http://www.amazon.com/Scent-Dollar-Mark-Sheehan/dp/1921024348

Many people are misunderstanding what "differentiation" of a product means. If you can't figure this out from Mark's book and be as successful as you imagine yourself to be, I'll give you the 5 bucks for the kindle version... Mark makes me feel like an amateur and I've had a good run for many many years and still building and growing.

For me, money has always fostered failure vs. success as it's an easy ticket to spend vs. think. Be original and think yourself free. If you go as far as Mark does and did, you'll be on your way to Necker Island.

- Mike

0 Likes