Getting Tracking Numbers to Customers (Oberlo)

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

I am using Oberlo to fulfill via AliExpress. When orders are fulfilled, is the tracking number sent to the customer via email? Is there a setting for this? If so, what can the customer see in terms of tracking details? One of my recent customers is asking if we provide tracking numbers.

Thank You!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 59

Hi, Brandon!

Lisa here from the Shopify Team. 

In Oberlo, when you're fulfilling orders you can use the "Get Tracking Code" button to populate the tracking code into your Oberlo orders if it is available from the Supplier. Once you do this, Oberlo will examine your AliExpress order's page and send the tracking information to Oberlo if it is already available. When you sync your orders to Shopify After Fulfilling it will automatically populate, here's more information on how to do this from Oberlo's Help Centre.

This Video also runs through how the fulfilling works with AliExpress, Oberlo and Shopify! 

The customer will be sent the tracking number in the Shipping Confirmation email where they can click on the link provided it will take them to the shipping provider's timeline of delivery. 

This forum here from Oberlo is also useful for this discussion of how to get the tracking number in Oberlo.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions ?

- Lisa  

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Lisa, 

I will like to suggest that the Get Tracking button should be automated because, for every order i fullfil using oberlo, I would have to come back to that order when the Supplier eventually ships the item.

It would be very nice that Oberlo tracks for when the order is shipped by the Supplier and automatically fetches the tracking number. and completes the rest of the actions of the Get Tracking Code button.

This way, once an order is shipped, little or no action is required from the shopify user.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Does the customer see that our items are being shipped from Aliexpress?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Brandon_O_Neil 

Please check the official guide from Oberlo. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes