HS (Harmonized System) code, Customs

Theriion
Excursionist
24 0 6

Greetings! 

I do apologise in advance if my question is silly. Please keep in mind that I am completely new to this subject and simply struggling to find the answers.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out.

First off all, please note I am building a drop shipping store to sell only within United Kingdom with product range mainly sourced by Ali-express (for now).

Question I have is:

When adding a product from Ali-express to my shop, in "edit product" window I have blank fields for 

-Country of Origin 

-HS (Harmonized System) code

Do I need to populate those two? If so should I be asking supplier form Ali-express for the HS code for each product? 

Also what else do I need to do in order to avoid ANY potential problems with Customs? Or will the supplier / Ali-express sort out everything themselves? 

Last thing I want is to have goods held up at customs or having my customers required to pay additional (unexpected) fees.

On top of this, as I am very new to this, I simply don't really know what other questions I should be asking, therefore ANY additional advice would also be much appreciated.

Thank you very much for reading this post, and thank you very much in advance for your help!

Kind regards

Theriion 

0 Likes
shipguru
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

@Theriion ,

International shipping creates a unique challenge - are you looking to offer the cost for shipping items with the Tax/duties included in the shipping cost? 

There are a few solutions that integrate directly with your shopping cart/checkout - would you like to discuss? HS code is tied to the item type ,  there is a way to set origin on every item and provide the best rates (80% discount) within the UK with the DHL inxpress courier option.

0 Likes
shipguru
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

This is the link to find out the HS code for every item - you can also see the fees to any destination country based on origin.  Let me now if you have any questions.  https://tas.dhl.com/tas/servlet/login

0 Likes

Hi @Theriion 

Country of Origin & HS code not required in dropshipping.  Just import and start promotion.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
gabfromspocket
Shopify Partner
257 8 26

Hi @Theriion! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

Regarding customs, I'm not sure how the suppliers on AliExpress handles this but on Spocket, our suppliers handle the fees your customers need to pay to avoid issues. So if you want to be assured that all expenses are paid and the necessary steps are taken, perhaps Spocket is an app you might want to consider also using. Plus, with the current coronavirus situation in China, and being that most items on AliExpress come from China, now might be the perfect time to expand your options - especially if you're experiencing delays due to the lockdown. Spocket has a ton of US and EU suppliers you can source out from while the hysteria with the virus is going on so you can continue your store operations. Just my two cents though!

In any case, if you want to learn more about Spocket, you can simply visit the official website and join the official Facebook group.

0 Likes
AdanRamirez
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi Theriion,

The last thing you want to do is surprise your customers with an enormous grand total when they’re about to hit “Buy Now.”  Or worse, shipping something around the world only for the customer to refuse to accept the shipment because of the high duties.

Shipping management software can help you give customers the whole shipping price story up front so you don’t end up with a bunch of products sitting in abandoned carts.  

Contact ShipperHQ today to find out if Zenda is the right fit for your shipping needs!

0 Likes
Aramadillo
1 0 0

Hi dropship_helps 

Can you provide some detail as to why Country of Origin and HS Codes are not required for dropshipping?

Thanks

0 Likes