Help! How to set up local suppliers that will drop ship orders placed on my site?

peaweeg
1 0 0

Hi,

after testing the drop ship model using Oberlo and and their suppliers, I've decided to find and sell products from local manufacturers/suppliers that will drop ship orders for me.  I've having a very tough time figuring out how to make this happen on the back end, and Shopify support just doesn't seem to understand.  There are entire courses (pricey) about drop shipping using local suppliers, so I know it's possible.  I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to add those suppliers to my shopify back end?  I'm assuming I do.  If so, what are the steps I need to follow to do so?

2) When an order is placed on my site, is it possible to have the automatic fulfillment request notification sent to the supplier (see first question, I can't figure out where/how to set them up to receive the email)

3) If the supplier is also using shopify, is there a free way to connect the two sites so orders are transferred from one store to another? I understand there is an app that costs $19/month but my supplier is not willing to pay/use it.  

0 Likes