Help please! Questions about my dropshipping niche (toys/hobby)

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Community,

Could really use some help here. My store (https://whoopeetoys.com) is in the toy / hobby niche. I'm concerned that its definitely not niche enough but more importantly I haven't been able to get any sales over the past 1.5 months even though I have had traffic heading to the site by way of both Google Ads AND Facebook Ads. I haven't spent a ton but I'm worried about sinking more money in without some sort of ROI. 

Here's my questions:

Should I ditch the toy / hobby niche altogether?
In looking at this article from Oberlo it seems like toy / hobby sales YoY are the lowest out of 10 other niches. 

If I stick it out in this niche, should I be targeting some other sub niche?

I know that finding niche products takes some time but I don't want to waste a bunch of time only to come up short on the niche products altogether. The rules don't seem clear and if I find what I believe to be a winning product on one hand, why am I not getting sales AND should I look to other products?

In that vein, has anyone ever leveraged Fiverr contractors for supplying niche products?

Should I make use of a product like eCommhunt OR Pexda?

Thanks so much to this community for any and all help that you can lend.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
207 90 85

I advise you to stick with your niche with sub niche that are sellable depending on the season but make sure that your main niche also is sellable. Looking for a sellable niche is hard but dont worry about that all you need to do is do more research and have patience to know the business. 

Global Fulfillment & Dropshipping Services
https://fulfillman.com/
Email Support: Info@fulfillman.com
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 62 129

Hey, @devonlambert 

I would suggest sticking it out. While I totally get the frustration or worry that can set in after you've put in some effort that has yielded little results so far, your business is still in its infancy stage. As far as that article, it's listing the top 10 niches out of thousands. The toy niche is in that top 10, there is going to be plenty of potential buyers in your business.

You wouldn't plant a seed and then dig it up every few minutes to see if it has grown. Keep that same mindset when you are questioning yourself, your hard work, and your decisions with this business. Have patience, don't overthink it, and keep watering your seed. There is no 'magic' niche that will suddenly start making you money.

It's more about building your brand and your quality products in front of the people that have the problem your product solves. Branding involves developing a compelling, positive and lasting image of your business that creates an emotional connection with your customers. The strength of your company’s brand could mean the difference between struggling for recognition and sales or thriving as a dynamic, best-in-class business. We discuss several key aspects of branding in our branding articles hub. This will take you from A-Z for developing and executing a brand that thrives. Not sure where to start? How to build a brand in 7 steps is a terrific starting point. I'd love to hear more about the direction you would like to take/achieve as far as your 'brand voice' goes.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks so much for the thoughtful responses. 

I do believe that sticking it out is the right approach. But that still leaves me with the next question:

I am looking to add additional products to my store / from my niche.

Have either of you had experience with ecommhunt OR Pexda? OR have you had experience hiring a Fiverr contractor to source niche products? 

I'm asking because I'm planning to do one of those within the next day or so but I don't want to just throw more money away.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @devonlambert 

What is your store frontend password? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Ohhh yeah,

Sorry about that. I took the store private while I was working on some new products and a new design. 

PW: hustlehard2020

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @devonlambert 

Thanks for the password.  The store is a basic theme.  Try debutify or similar themes.  

The general store is the best. You can sell all the trending products and find out which one performs well.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
207 90 85

We can help you out with your problem @devonlambert because our dropshipping company sources all kinds of hot toys niche and its cheaper that the rest since we get it straight from the manufacturers. You can also check our product catalog for you to know the latest winning products so feel free to check our site or contact us directly.

Global Fulfillment & Dropshipping Services
https://fulfillman.com/
Email Support: Info@fulfillman.com
0 Likes