High UPS Shipping Rates

2 0 0

My store's shipping rates are incredibly high. I use UPS, and even UPS Ground is often more expensive than the items being ordered. Customers have called to ask for discounts because our rates are way too high! We drop ship and use Quantum View for tracking. I have Shopify set to use the XML key from our UPS account. 

Please help!

0 Likes
2 0 0

You need to call UPS and set up an account.  They will work with you to establish a discount for ground, express, etc.

0 Likes
Tourist
43 0 3

If you're dropshipping, see if you can ship on your suppliers account instead, because of volume their shipping rates will always be cheaper.

I'm currently traveling around Thailand while running my dropshipping stores, all based on Shopify! Woohoo! Check out my blog at www.JohnnyFD.com or listen to the Travel Like a Boss Podcast on iTunes! Good luck with your journey and welcome to the world of eCommerce! Feel free to ask me any questions, I'm happy to help.
0 Likes
1 0 0

We use NetParcel for 2 of our stores, it's listed in the shipping app section on shopify's site for shipping, we save about 40% vers dealing directly with UPS and Fedex.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
188 0 2

To get heavy discounted rates, you can use Shopify's UPS rates. To enable that, just hop in to Settings --> Shipping --> select your zone -->click on calculated rates and you can select default UPS from Shopify. These rates are discounted as Shopify as an existing contract with UPS. However, if you have your own UPS account and are looking to get discounted rates, then ideally you have to contribute volume to UPS. Once UPS understands that you are giving them more and more orders on a daily basis, they will be able to renegotiate your contract. You can try the Multi carrier shipping label app to show these discounted rates to customers at checkout, and tracking can be performed from within the app. So no need to go for separate solutions for different functionalities.

0 Likes