(How) Do you even dropship?

Solved
Tourist
25 0 3

Hello everyone,

I am new the site, hoping to drop ship.  I set up a basic shop, but I don't see any options to sync up orders from my page to the suppliers, or anything like that.   How do you even set up drop shipping?

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2414 163 356

Hi @canadianj9,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

Drop shipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock and can be done a couple of different ways. It is essentially a way to ship to your customers when you the store owner never see the product. There are a couple of different ways to go about dropshipping. One of the most common methods is Print on Demand (POD) dropshipping where there are companies which enable you to add your own designs to different products such as t-shirts, mugs, etc. and they will apply the designs, print and send the products to your customers as the orders come in. There are several apps in the Shopify app store which are POD and you can see them here

There are also third-party fulfillment services such as Oberlo where they have already made products from suppliers that you can sell on your store. You can read more about Oberlo and how this works here

Another common method of dropshipping is sourcing the products custom with one supplier then working with a third party fulfillment company to ship the products for you. This is when you would source both the supplier and the fulfillment of your products separately. 

With the information from above, it really does depend on what you are selling and how you want to go about your shipping process to set up your drop shipping. The content team at Shopify wrote a helpful guide going into more detail about it all which you can read here. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply in the thread here and ask. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
25 0 3

Thank you for that very thorough and helpful reply.  

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2414 163 356

My pleasure, glad to hear it's helpful for you! 🙂

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hey canadianj9!

Vash here from Spocket.

Seems like Nick has explained this thoroughly, but let me give you my overview of how dropshipping works: It is basically an order fulfillment process wherein you do not have to house or even handle the product as you purchase the item from fulfillment services like Spocket meaning items get delivered to your customer while making a profit. Sounds like magic, right?

If you do not know yet about Spocket, we are a platform where you can easily find amazing products from suppliers based in US, Canada and Europe who also offer fast shipping and exclusive deep discounts on each product. And with a few clicks, these can be added to your store automatically.

If you want to know how profitable dropshipping is, you may consider checking out the stories from our top dropshipper via this link: https://www.spocket.co/blogs/how-i-made-178-492-in-three-months-by-dropshipping-us-eu-products?utm_s...

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi ,

I totally understand your challenges with dropshipping as a beginner. I've been struggling and also finding products for my dropshipping general store.

Until I've took a dropshipping course and stared using EcomXFactor.

EcomXFactor is a product research tools for dropshippers.
Unlike other product research tools, they limit their user base in order to prevent saturation of their winning products.
They offer:
-Potential Winning Products Hand Picked By Experts
-Copywriting Suggestions for Your Ads and Product Pages
-Facebook, Instagram and Google Targeting Suggestions
-Ready-to-Download Product Videos and Images
-Product Specific Tips and Angles for Increasing Conversion Rates and Profits
-Benchmarks and Product Related Data

I'm still improving and testing a lot, so i'm not an expert yet but since I started using them my results have really improved and I learned a lot about copywriting and marketing.

0 Likes

Hello@canadianj9  

You should use oberlo or similar app to set up your dropshipping business in Shopify.  

Dropshippinghelps.com - We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes