How can I assure that the quality from Alibaba is good?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a product I wish to have manufactured and I have found some great designs on Alibaba that I think I'd like to order from. I do fear that the quality will not live up to the expectations. I wish to sell quite a premium product and I do not want it to be associated with some "cheapest-on-Alibaba" product. 

Does someone know if any European/North American manufacturers that handles customized designs?

FYI: It's a specific type of leather wallet I wish to sell.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You can not, just need to go through as many supplier samples as you can which is very time consuming. Finding the right supplier can be challenging since the ones eager to look out for new businesses are not seasoned manufactures(some times traders). Established suppliers already have order that are lined up in their yearly schedules. 

If you need sourcing help feel free to contact me. Been in the manufacturing field for a long time providing brand merchandising for clients such as http://www.shopbmwusa.com/bmw-lifestyle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
156 0 16

Hey Erik,

My name is Ciarán, I'm a Shopify Support Guru.

You're looking for quality leather wallets from Alibaba, there can be a perception of bad quality on some of these marketplace sites, but if you know what to look for you can find some great suppliers.

The products have information about the supplier on the right.

This can be a good indicator of how reliable the supplier may be and the quality of the products. I personally like to check the ratings, check the reviews tabs, google the supplier's name to check external sites and possible social media sites.

You can also request samples for the majority of products, to see for yourself the quality and craftsmanship. 

Refining the search to look in other countries, such as North America and Europe can be worthwhile, but this search may be limited if you have such a specific type of leather wallet in mind.

We have some guides on sourcing suppliers and information on Aliexpress (another global retail marketplace targeted at consumers with lower minimum order quantities)

Does that help? Let me know

All the best,

Ciarán H | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi Erik,this is Alex from China,we have a garment manufacturer in Guangzhou,if you need any help,contact me:liuzc93218@163.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi there,
Joy from China.
Being an online seller focusing on cables&hubs, i can feel what feel most sellers can feel
about supply chain. 
I myself have many sources of usb hubs and usb cables, especially type c cables&hubs.
I can get best quality with lowest cost to help online sellers competitive on your market.
Qustions?
Contact me at

FocusOnCableHubs@163.com

0 Likes