How do i ship from US

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Using Shopify + Oberlo

Basically i see products on aliexpress that have the "ships from" united states, china, etc option.
The thing is, those options are set as variants on the item, similar to colours. For example it would be like:

Colour
Blue, Red

Ships From
United States, China

When I import the product to my store, I don't want them to be able to select "Ships from" from the variant section, imo it seems a little low quality. I'm hoping theres a setting or app that can make it so that if people from the US are on my product page, it will automatically select the "ships from US" variant without showing it and then show them those US based shipping options in checkout.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 66

Hi @leadshf,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

I completely understand why you don't want your customers to see that at the checkout stage. However, in order for your product to remain in sync with Oberlo and the supplier to receive the required information for checkout, there must be one "Ships from" option.

It sounds like you've been able to import only the US variants. However, just in case I'll quickly show you here. When importing products from Oberlo, you can de-select the variants that ship from countries other than the US.

Since we can't fully remove the Ships from information, as this is required, what you can do instead is rename it. Some suggestions that Oberlo has shared is to rename the variant option to Collection and rename the USA variant to 2019, or another year.

This is how this will appear on the storefront:

14-09-mmszy-4zzti

How has your experience been with your dropshipping store so far, and how have your sales been? If you're interested, we have a free Dropshipping 101 course. Even if you've been dropshipping for a while, this may be a great course to learn some new tips and tricks.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @leadshf 

You can remove the variant manually "Ships from" in your Shopify Product page.   But when you process the order through oberlo you choose "Ships from" option in Aliexpress Checkout page. 

This is the only drawback when import Ships from USA products in Aliexpress.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi, thanks for the answer!

This will help fix shipping from US to the US, however unfortunately when shipping from US, you can not ship to any other countries.

So in order to accept sales internationally I have to ship from china to the rest of the country.

Do you have any ways I can implement that into my shop as well? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Again @leadshf 

Do not add the option "ships from" in your shopify store.

When placing order on Aliexpress, Choose Ships from USA for USA order. Choose Ships from China for International order. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi. Thanks for the help. However, I am trying to avoid doing having to manually input the settings for each order.

I am using oberlo which automates the process and makes it much easier when lots of orders from inside and outside of the US are coming in. So i would prefer to set it up so it can remain automated.

2 Likes
Highlighted

That is good. Our best wishes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I still need help with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Bump. I would like to be able to provide the same thing to my customers! I'd like to be able to set it up so US customers get the US variant and the International customers get the China variant. Do I need to set up shipping profiles to make this happen?

0 Likes