How has your experience dropshipping experince with WISH gone?

4 0 0

I am starting a new clothing dropshipping business, Dope Ass Gear. When starting and looking at everyone's first go to, AliExpress, everything looked mega cheap and the shipping was at least 4 weeks. I didn't think I wanted to build my business so instead of AliExpress I found Modalyst came highly suggested. Modalyst is an intermediary for mostly Shein product and Wish products and a big feature to me was the ability to sort by shipping from US. I went about adding about 200 items from Wish and Shein. Going back through the item descriptions, cleaning up the info and wording I quickly found that most of the items from Wish have shipping of 3-5 weeks. At first I was like HELL NO and sorted all the items I had selected from Wish to decide if I should delete them....and I have to say a majority chunk of the super sweet crazy hoodies and gear I found was from Wish. I found myself saying, oh no I really loved that piece a whole freaking lot.

I now am wondering if I should just make a disclaimer about the long time. It seems like if you want these products, you just have to deal with the wait, I can't find them anywhere else. Which brings me to my question:

Have you used Wish mutliple times to fulfill dropshipping with or without Modalyst? If so, how was your experience? How many people did you sell to and did they mention shipping time, quality issues or was it a non-issue? I see a lot of negative reviews and they mostly talk about shipping time and quality. Is just being open on these specific items about the wait time the way to go? Have you dealt with refunds and returns?

Please help me I don't want to launch with garbage

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 10 103

Hey, Jesse!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I don't have personal experience of dropshipping from China but I have spoken to many merchants who have and I would recommend you avoid that if you can. Things are better than they used to be now that ePacket is an option. I would still suggest you work on a business model based on US dropshipping. It will give your business more credibility and keep your customers happier. In the Amazon age, nobody likes waiting long for shipping.

Modalyst is a good option but there are other apps you could consider:

Oberlo is a great option because their suppliers are carefully vetted but their US-based suppliers can only ship to the US. If that is a deal breaker for you, Spocket is another option worth considering.

Hopefully, that gives you more to go on. Let me know how you get on.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
Is it legal to import Shein images into Shopify using importify?
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi there! I can't speak knowledgeably to the Shein issue, but there are some worthy alternatives you might want to consider. If you are looking for trendy, affordable womens products with high-resolution imagery, take a look at our Trendy Brands at Modalyst. Here's a link to that section of our Marketplace: Trendy Brands on Modalyst

These brands are vetted and comply with strict dropshipping standards.

If you have any questions about these brands or anything else, please reach out to our Customer Support team at team@modalyst.co.

0 Likes