How in the world does shipping work??

Highlighted
2 0 0

I just had a couple of people abandon checkouts and I think it might be because they saw the shipping price which was like 15 bucks for a pair of headphones. However, the supplier I'm purchasing the headphones from says shipping will only be like $2.30. I can't figure out for the life of me how to set shipping options that reflect that. Instead, I get a bunch of options based on product weight in the shipping options section. I also can't figure out how to set the proper shipping address. (In shipping options it says it's shipping from my home address but it's not, it's shipping from China and I feel like that might factor into why the shipping is so expensive). Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Dreamon111 

Shopify's new shipping configuration has an option to set the shipping costs for Individual products.  Please use it.   

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

How do I access it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Please check this video.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 45 51

Hello, @Dreamon111.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

Those are great observations with the abandoned carts and you're on the right track. If you’re seeing the options for weight-based rates in the shipping settings, you’re in the right place, and there should be another option to set up price-based rates. The video shared by @dropship_helps  is a great resource! Just to clarify, are you using an app for dropshipping, like Oberlo?

If so, Oberlo has an amazing guide on ‘How to Set Shipping Settings in Shopify.’ In step 4, you can adjust the address you’re shipping from. You can do this by checking where your inventory is stored and making sure the inventory is assigned to the location to the desired location. That said, if you don’t want to ship from your home address, make sure there isn’t any inventory in that location.

Since the shipping costs for dropshipping are relatively low, many stores offer free shipping. You can also consider adding the shipping costs as part of the markup on the products. This way, you are incentivizing your customers and they may appreciate the free shipping, which can lower your abandoned checkout rate. Is this something you’d like to consider?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Some people use automation dropship services like easync and they ake a lot of sales. But it's too expensive for some people (like me:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 23

Hi @Dreamon111! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

Which app are you using to look for suppliers? And more importantly, what is the shipping set up of your store? Cause with most clients on Spocket that I've handled, I always suggest that they source out suppliers that are based in countries in or around the country of their intended target market. This way, shipping costs are generally reduced and shipping times tend to be faster. So in your case, where is the buyer of the headphones located in? It might be best to choose a headphone supplier whose warehouse is in the country of your buyer. In any case, one solution we also offer is by adding the shipping fee to your final retail price when editing the shipping details of items, then offering free shipping - this is something you can do on Spocket. This way, you have control over the actual price of shipping without it reflecting on the shipping cost of the products you're selling. Some other options you have is setting a flat rate for shipping or manually setting shipping for each item based on cost.

You can check out Spocket's website and try to explore our selection of items, as well as their shipping information - I think they would most suit the set up you want to have for your own shipping policy. Most of them come from suppliers from the EU and the US so shipping policies and rates are quite flexible!

0 Likes