How to Structure Deal with Manufacturer

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I just spoke to the manufacturer of the key product that caused me to create a store. They don't have wholesalers and sell the product direct to businesses. I want to sell to consumers through my storefront on Shopify and help promote this product nationally (for now). I love the product. How do I frame the conversation to negotiate a deal? The sales person said I would be in competition with them. They are regional-only in stores (mainly midwest) even though they have a website because all the items are still grouped and sold in bulk (not for consumer purchasers). Am I wrong in thinking their approach is still very B2B? What are my proposal options here? Do I want to be a wholesaler? We didn't even get to a drops-ship discussion as I'm figuring they will want me to just buy in bulk to get my discounts, and I don't want to carry inventory at this time. Help! I'm SO new.

P.S. Yes, I've read everything on ecommerce university, and also done some searching. Just would really benefit from a quick conversation to help me get started since I usually come from the marketing (post-product) side of the fence.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Have you searched for other companies who carry what it is you're wanting to sell? I assume the answer's yes. lol

I personally would send them my business plan - but spruce it up and triple check it and make sure it looks good. Make sure you write a professional letter about why you want them to consider working with you and the benefit it would bring to them. Tell them you love their product and let them know how dedicated you would be. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 1

www.romeoandrevenge.com

If your looking to dropship menswear then here's our 2 articles on our dropship service which was intended to help you make money while we build our sales growth. 

There is a 25% discount code we have supplied for you. If your purchases grow above £5000 then we will increase it to 30% and £10,000 upto 35% OFF. You will need to count up your purchases and when it reaches the amount we will send you a coupon code only you can use. 

Products we manufacture.

We sell just mens designer t-shirts that we manufacture and have around 80 styles in stock with high inventory over 10,000

With your sales collaboration we will reinvest into more lines of stock and update our current designs on a monthly basis.

We can also provide you with our inventory shopify template CSV file. Just email us for it at returns@romeoandrevenge.com

Our 2 articles on our dropshipping Service. They are both quite similar. Have a read. 

http://www.romeoandrevenge.com/pages/dropship-mens-fashion

http://www.romeoandrevenge.com/blogs/mens-fashion-online/9443589-dropship-romeo-revenge-clothing

Tom
0 Likes