How to dropship to US for non US store?

1 0 0

My store location is in Indonesia. Is it possible for me to dropship to US? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

Hey there!

Peter here for Shopify Support. :)

If you're looking to set up a dropshipping store that targets the United States, then there are a few things to consider.

For starters, you would need to ensure that the suppliers you're purchasing from are able to ship to the United States. Once you've confirmed that information, then you'll need to change the currency of your account to USD, and select an eligible payment processor for your country that can handle USD currency. You can view a list of all eligible payment processors for Indonesia here

After all that is set up, your next step is your target audience. Since you're wanting to attract customers based in the United States you would need to ensure that the ads you create are set up to show within the USA. Doing this will allow your ads to run in the target country, attracting the target audience, and ultimately creating a USD based dropshipping store. Below are a few links that should help you with the marketing side of thing!

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 0

Hey peter your answer was pretty helpful.

But could you answer me another question, please? 

So I set up my store in Germany but I want to sell in the US. How does it work with the taxes? Do I have to pay any taxes in the US? Or do I need an American credit card account or stuff like that? Because right now I don't have anything related or registered in the US, only the store in my Germany

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 36 98

Hey, @malteundpaul!

Happy to hear that information was helpful! You may also want to check out our free Shopify Academy course that's launched since my last reply. This course dives into the steps you'll want to take to get your dropshipping store setup. 

In terms of Taxes, I wouldn't be able to provide this answer I'm afraid as we're unable to provide tax advice. Your best step would be to contact a local tax consultant who will be able to provide insight on whether you need to charge taxes, and how your local taxes work when operating an online store. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes