How to get traffic and sales?

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Hello everyone, I opened my dropshipping store since a month ago and don't got any sales yet. The traffic was also pretty low, about 250 views since started. What should I do to get more traffic and sales?
What would be a good solution without spending a lot money for ads. I am thankful for any provided help which could result more traffic and sales.
My store is: www.mycatsale.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

One thing i found out was if you have a facebook page, under "Worked for" you can put the link to your store on there but don't keep posting in your posts like i screwed up and did. Just put if interested in this product, (post pics on your posts) check bio and they can click on link from there. Hope that helps

@Selvedin wrote:
Hello everyone, I opened my dropshipping store since a month ago and don't got any sales yet. The traffic was also pretty low, about 250 views since started. What should I do to get more traffic and sales?
What would be a good solution without spending a lot money for ads. I am thankful for any provided help which could result more traffic and sales.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
I already do something like that on facebook and instagram, but still there is a small amount of traffic...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
1 0 1

Hi there, I took a look at your store. It's cute but don't you think the homepage feed needs to be more outstanding and eye-catching. I mean for a shop that sells pet products, I expect something soft and a little bit colorful. One more thing is that the product and checkout page need to be fully optimized. You can add a countdown timer or trust badges to make your store more trustworthy. 

Since you only started your business like a month ago and if you're only beginner, then I suggest that you should try out with ShopBase. It has an over the top feature called Store Creator that will give you full hosted and optimized dropshipping or print on demand stores as soon as you sign up for an account on ShopBase. Therefore, you don't have to create a dropshipping website from scratch anymore. 

If you're curious, please take a look at it. Good luck with your business!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
Thank you..
I already have a trust badge on all products and all shipping and payment gudelines.
The homepage could be more colorful like a another category in the dirrection, last minute sale or something like that.
But general my problem is, I don't have any visitor on my store. And no visitor - no sales. Did you have any suggestion about that?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Look up Tiffany Noel Taylor of Divalution Nation. It's like she's reading my mind with all the questions and stuff I have but she is legit as far as I can tell. I'm going to sign up for her classes because she is the first one wanting to support women succeed and has vids out that give some secrets that i didn't have to pay for. So type her name in Google and listen to her or read her info. 

@Selvedin wrote:

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Oh, I just have found a cool app named Boost Converse and Boost Upsell form ShopBase that really effective for increasing my conversion rate. 

If you are a beginner, I think you should try ShopBase that helps you to optimize your dropshipping store and get more sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 25

Hi @Selvedin! How are you? I'm Gabby from Spocket's Community Engagement team and I just wanted to add to the insights already given by some people who've replied to your concern.

I saw you mention that you have indeed used Facebook and Instagram to try and get traffic to your store but it hasn't worked. I'm curious to know though, what actions have you specifically taken with the two platforms? Have you tried creating a content strategy on both? By content strategy I mean posts specifically geared towards the marketing and promotion of your store and its products. If you haven't, then I highly suggest you consider doing it. This is just one of the major things I always recommend to dropshippers/online store owners when they reach out and ask for a review of their sites. Social media plays a key role in generating traffic and eventually sales to your store. It's also a good way to connect and engage with your customers - to answer questions they may have about your store or just create content about your products that'd entice them to make a purchase. It also doesn't involve spending a lot of money due to the many features social media platforms offer, so make the most of it. 

And since we're in the topic of social media, you can join Spocket's Facebook group to help acquire traffic for your store. I do weekly posts asking members to share their store URLs or Facebook business pages to let other dropshippers know about your store. You can also get expert help and feedback from the members of the group.

I'd also like to invite you to check out our blog! We publish articles on tips to better sell your products, guides on how to effectively operate your business, and some success stories. Hope these help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 1
I have took everything on social media, posting products, discount, stories about products...
You can check it out on Instagram @i.n.s.t.a.k.i.t.t.y
I had stories who had over 3k views, then I posted products on stories, but even with the all people who saw it, only a few click on the link to the store, but no one has bought anything. On my last fb ad I had 6 comments asking how to order, what's the price... I answered ut as best as I can, but still no results
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 25

Hi @Selvedin!

First of all, good job with all your efforts in terms of bringing sales to your store. As I see it, you're definitely putting in the effort and making the most of the many offerings of social media. I took a quick tour of your Instagram and in terms of content, you definitely bank on the pet craze that's been present and will continue to be present online. One thing I would suggest though is to balance viral content (memes, cat videos) and posts that feature your products.

While viral content is a good way to drive traffic to your social profiles, purely posting them over your products kind of creates confusion and a disconnect with your business objectives. One might assume, upon visiting your Instagram, that you're a meme page for cats. Simply put, find the balance in posting these two categories of content. And while you're at it, try integrating the shop feature in your Facebook/Instagram and see how that affects your sales.

I'd also like to recommend this article from our Spocket blog that talks about the things you have to consider when running your business' Instagram: 4 Mistakes Ecommerce Entrepreneurs Make on Instagram. Quick note, based on the information you told me, I don't think you're committing any mistakes with how you operate your social media profiles for your store. I'm mainly recommending it to you as supplementary reading!

In any case, don't be discouraged by the lack of sales for the moment. Remember, it's just your first month of dropshipping - treat this as a learning experience and try to find ways you can improve by reflecting on the results you're getting now. With the tips you're getting from us here, try to integrate them with your own solutions. Keep going at it and don't give up just yet! With the effort and work you're putting in to achieve success for your store, you'll see returns sooner than you think.

1 Like