How to list an item as a 'Set of 3' of an Aliexpress product?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone.

So I was wondering if there is a way import an aliexpress item via Oberlo(or other similar apps) and list it as a 'set of multiples'. I mean like if there's a pen on Aliexpress I would like to sell it on my store as a '3 pen set'. The reasoning behind this are the nearly unchanged shipping cost whether its one pen or three pens and the lower perceived price per unit in the eye of the customer. Also there's only so much margin you can have after deducting facebook ads..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 12

Hey, @Uni 

That's a great question. Unless the Aliexpress supplier offers a "pack" option for their products it would not be possible to convert the listing into one within Shopify. This would effectively break the sync between the product in your store and Oberlo. However, there is a way you could still get the functionality you are looking for by using an UpSell bundle app, such as Ultimate Upsell. This would allow you to create a bundle that keeps the product's original SKUs intact. This means that no duplicate variants are created and will not break the sync between your product and Oberlo.

Alternatively, you could advertise the product as a 3 pack, set the price for it as such, and when a customer places their order you can go into your orders page and manually edit and add the additional 2 pens to their order. This is an easy (and free) workaround if you don't anticipate many bundles being ordered. But over time it would be a time-saver to use the app option above.

Let me know if that helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you Dirk for the timely and detailed reply! Yeah.. It is not ideal but i guess it will have to do for now.

0 Likes