How to replace Aliexpress supplier on an already imported item?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone!

So I imported this cute usb light from aliexpress thru oberlo and went ahead and wrote the product description added pictures to the listing and so on. And then I messaged the supplier on aliexpress i get this feeling that they are not a reliable source. Fortunately there are other suppliers selling the exact same product on aliexpress. In this case how can I replace the source supplier without re doing my product listing? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @Uni,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. This is something that can happen quite frequently, as sometimes a supplier might even stop stocking a product altogether, but if you're using Oberlo you can easily work around this.

Oberlo offer a guide here that details this process: How to Order the Product from a Different Supplier. This guide includes step-by-step instructions as well as a video that shows you how this works. What this process effectively does is replace the AliExpress product linked to the Shopify product, meaning you can link a similar or the same product from a different supplier to an existing product within Shopify without having to relist everything again.

This guide should help, but if you run into any issues please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you Victor. I believe this would solve my problem!

1 Like