How would you handle shipping international with multiple suppliers through out the world? (cost)

7 0 0

Hello,

We are a dropship company based in the US where we currently ship strictly domestically.  We would love to ship internationally but here is our dilemma.   We use multiple suppliers based throughout the world.  For example, someone purchases a shirt from the U.S.  and some shoes from Italy. The person who purchased these items lives in say the U.K.   How would you handle the shipping cost for an international shipment like this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
44 8 5

Hey there, @Ryanr101!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm glad to hear you're interested in expanding your target market internationally! I'd be happy to recommend a couple of options that you may find suitable for your business needs.

There are a couple of apps that are perfect for this, such as Better Shipping, or Advanced Shipping Rates. They'll allow you to dictate how much to charge shipping based on the products and the customer's location.

These apps will require Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) added to your plan. While CCS is available on the Advanced Plan, you can also add it for $20/month on the Basic or Shopify plan. If you switch your billing to annual, then you can get CCS for free, whilst saving 10% on your subscription. That'd be $36 on the Basic plan or $96 on the Shopify plan saved annually. If you're interested in adding CCS to your plan, you can make the plan adjustments and then Contact Shopify Support, or let me know here. We'd be happy to help in enabling it on your plan.

Alternatively, you can provide less accurate shipping fees by setting up price based rates to your merchants accordingly to the zone, and increasing your product prices to cover the remaining shipping cost.

How has your business been doing otherwise? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hello 

My concern isn't what to charge people but what the shipping carrier will charge for two to three different items from two-three suppliers.  

Sincerely,

Ryan

0 Likes
Tourist
4 1 0
I guess we hve to advisd customer to make seperate orders.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
44 8 5

Hi @Ryanr101,

What shipping with cost you would depend on the supplier's choice of shipping carrier and their cost. It'd be best to inquire directly with the dropshipping suppliers to inquire what the costs of shipping the individual products are. I hope that helps to clarify. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes