Inventory management

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everybody,

i'm having some problems to sync my inventory. 

the supply give me a csv file with all products, in this file there're 2 columns for the inventory:

- column inventory: marks only Y/N

- column weeks: if the product is not availble it marks the numbers of weeks remaining for the supplying

I saw shopify accept only quantity number for the products, are there any possibility to manage the inventory in this case?

Thank you for you helps! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 66

Hi Matteo, 

Lisa here from the Shopify Support Team.

At this time within the Shopify inventory function, you can only enter the quantity of the inventory available. It sounds like the supplier only shows when it is available and not an actual stock level?

There is a way around this if your supplier is constantly making the inventory and it's only a matter of time until you get the new stock in. You can manually edit the inventory quantity in Shopify's CSV to a high number that is available (100 for example). For the products that are coming soon - you can select 'allow oversell' when you are setting up the products. 

In the product description of the products that aren't available yet, you can write "Coming soon" and provide the expected date. This will let customers know there will be a delay in receiving this product. You may also want to set these products up as "Pre Orders".

Hope this helps. Feel free to check out this app here for inventory management. As well as this help doc for importing products with a CSV file to ensure your file is in the right format for the Shopify admin.

Best of luck with your supplier and adding your new products. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes