Locksmith shipping locks

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, I've got a website that has retail and wholesale options.  I've installed the LOCKSMITH app and was wondering if anyone knows how I can set shipping locks for my wholesale section only ?  Hope I've explained it correctly.  Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there. @Despina_oz!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I have a little experience with the Locksmith app myself, and I'd be happy to see how I might be of assistance. Are you able to elaborate on what you mean by shipping locks? Are you wanting to hide shipping methods?

If that's the case, it doesn't appear that this is possible with the Locksmith app. I was able to find this guide in their documentation that may answer your question. You may also be interested in reading through their Configuring Locksmith for Wholesale guide if you're still in the process of setting it up.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if there's anything I can clarify. If you're also able to explain what exactly it is you're wanting to achieve, I'd be happy to see if I can locate any alternative solutions for you.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there Ryder, thank you so much for your reply.  So I'm new to Locksmith, my website is both retail and I have a collection called Wholesale that I have created locks for wholesale customers to access only

With my retail I have a capped postage cost of $11.95.  For wholesale because their orders are much bigger and are sent in 15-20kg boxes their postage costs for each state here in Australia is of course dearer.  In my Shopify shipping I have created a Wholesale shipping cost and was trying to create locks for that but as I was told by Locksmith that's not possible

I wanted to know if there was any other way I could have my customers from the wholesale section have those postage costs just for them.

Hope I'm making sense :)  Thank you

0 Likes