Looking for gift basket wholesale & drop shipping

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi! Just starting out on this site and looking for gift basket drop shippers. If you can provide the products and the drop shipping please let me know. I'm open to a variety of products. Thanks! Donna 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 6

HI

I cant help you with a drop shipper ..but i was a gift basket/ coorporate gift business for 10 yrs if you need info on vendors or anything happy to help.

Denise

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Denise, 

Any insight/names would help. I greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks, Donna 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 6

HI

Well im not sure what you know and dont know . So let me just say. Research your ass off. There was a Gift basket magazine and conventions when i was in the business.  Check out your local Floral Wholesaler for the cheapest baskets, cello etc. ( though some baskets they have are pretty flimsy). If your making them from scratch ..Then get a hold of good local food Distributor. Then you can have access to an assortment of items . though most are sold in cases.  Keep your vendors local so if you need more durnig the holidays you dont have to wait to much for shipping . ( least in a state or 2)

IN the begining dont buy holiday decorated items. They sell well but you dont want food that is perishable that you have to leave on the shelf for 9 months . Stick with reds.greens, golds etc. that you can keep selling.   If your looking for premade baskets .Talk to some small basket companies and arrange to be a partner with them . You mark up their prices and make a small profit til your in a position to do your own . ( or get a feel for hte market)  but i suggest you try their basket first ..you dont want the rep of selling shlock.   You Could also try local candy or nut companies that do thier own mixes or basket and ship yourself. ..HOpe that helps

Denise

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Denise, 

I aprpeciate all the insight. Sounds like you have some wonderful experience. I'll have to do more research. I'm looking to be hands off with the baskets. I dont have the time to put anything together, but great at marketing and sales. I thought selling something like what Amazing Clubs offers would be really cool www.amazingclubs.com I currently live in Portland but moving back to the Silicon Valley in the near future. Thanks for all you knowledge and support :) 

Best wishes, Donna 

0 Likes