Looking to find organic and ethical suppliers for new Canadian drop shipping business

Highlighted
1 0 2

I am highly motivaed in building a new online store to carry eco friendly, organic, fair trade and handmade product. 

I would like to find distributers within Canada, or that dont charge an arm and a leg for shipping! Im also looking for fast shipping times and relabible product availability. 

In return, I will be actively marketing to create a steady stream of business and will offer a great customer relationship!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 92

Hi, Laura!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify. Is your website going to have a general assortment of products or are you going to have products from a specific niche such as household products? 

I like to do my best to shop eco-friendly and know of some Canadian-based companies that you might be interested in:

There is a company local to me called Anna's Incense that creates and sells Incense all over the world. I use them myself and find that they are great quality and very affordable. The scents range from the normal kind that you would see to fun ones like bubble gum and pina colada. While I am not familiar with her shipping times, you can always contact her on her website and ask for more information. She is a very hard worker and will be able to answer your questions. 

Tree Hugger Cloth Pads is a family-owned company that is based in Winnipeg and the people who sew the pads all work from home. You can view the story here. They do not do dropshipping but they have an affiliate program. If you put the affiliate link on your website, when your customer would like to purchase cloth pads, they can click on your link and make the purchase on the company website.

Mossy Stump Soap Company is another local artisan (I live in a small town that has lots of artisans that specialize in specific niches) that creates the best soap that I have ever encountered. She makes soap for spas, for her online business, and for her retail location. I have used almost every bar of soap in her store as well as her health and wellness products and all of them are amazing. Her website is fairly new so she does not have all of her products listed. The reason why soap, as well as cloth pads, are good options to consider is that both of them are zero waste. Mossy Stump also makes shampoo and conditioner bars which last a long time (even with all of my hair) and they do not have the packaging that conventional shampoos and conditioners have. Lots of people in your niche market that are shopping for eco-friendly alternatives are also interested in reducing plastics and other non-biodegradable materials. 

I'll keep subscribed to this forum post. Reply when your business is up and running. I would love to check it out! ?

Jade | Social Care

1 Like