More than one Print on Demand supplier

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, 

Please help. I use two POD suppliers. Printful and Printify.

A cutomer placed an order with an item from each supplier.

Printful shows the item as unsynched.

But the item was created in printify...NOT Printful. How do they even know about this Printify product? 

Is there a setting I should use to keep these two PODs separate? How can I fix this now so Print no longer tries to send out the Printify order?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
116 8 104

Hi, 

Looks like a similar question was asked a while back and the answers may be helpful to you: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Working-with-multiple-print-on-demand-...

Good luck!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

This is not what the user was concerned about. The link that you offered addresses shipping rates, his/her question is about a very dubious practice that Printful is using. Let me elaborate, as I experienced the same confusion:

I use a handful of print on demand (POD) vendors, Printful(A)  and Printify(B) among them (I use the (A) and (B) because their names are so similar) . A customer placed an order for a product that I created and imported to my store from Printify(B). Somehow, and this is the dubious part, Printful(A) saw the order even though it was never intended for them, and sent me an 'error' message, claiming that the product that was ordered by my customer was not 'synced' in their system and the order would be on hold until I took further action. Not realizing that this order was not a Printful(A) order at all, I rushed in and created a new product on Printful(A)'s store to release the 'hold' on the order.

Any guess on what happened next? That's right, Printify(B) fulfilled the order just as they should have, and Printful(A) also fulfilled the order. Shopify should not allow this behavior. Printful(A), though they are very good at what they do, essentially poached the Printify(B) order, confusing me and my customer in the process. The default setting when creating an account with Printful(A) assumes that they are the only POD service in your store. So any order that is placed in your store is visible to them and they assume that they will be the POD service to fulfill the order. Two things need to change here, Shopify should not show orders to any vendor that is not explicitly named as the fulfillment agent, and the default setting for sharing order information, if this is permitted at all, should be set to 'NO'.

In the meantime, to answer my friend's question above, the action that he/she must take is to go into your Printful app product page, find all the products that are unsynced (ie not intended to be fulfilled by them), use bulk-edit, and click 'Ignore'. Unfortunately, you will have to do this each and every time you add a product to your store that is not a Printful(A) product. I hope this helps others that encountered this confusion.

1 Like
Highlighted

If printful has your product design you can ship the order through printful. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@hgbender wrote:

This is not what the user was concerned about. The link that you offered addresses shipping rates, his/her question is about a very dubious practice that Printful is using. Let me elaborate, as I experienced the same confusion:

I use a handful of print on demand (POD) vendors, Printful(A)  and Printify(B) among them (I use the (A) and (B) because their names are so similar) . A customer placed an order for a product that I created and imported to my store from Printify(B). Somehow, and this is the dubious part, Printful(A) saw the order even though it was never intended for them, and sent me an 'error' message, claiming that the product that was ordered by my customer was not 'synced' in their system and the order would be on hold until I took further action. Not realizing that this order was not a Printful(A) order at all, I rushed in and created a new product on Printful(A)'s store to release the 'hold' on the order.

Any guess on what happened next? That's right, Printify(B) fulfilled the order just as they should have, and Printful(A) also fulfilled the order. Shopify should not allow this behavior. Printful(A), though they are very good at what they do, essentially poached the Printify(B) order, confusing me and my customer in the process. The default setting when creating an account with Printful(A) assumes that they are the only POD service in your store. So any order that is placed in your store is visible to them and they assume that they will be the POD service to fulfill the order. Two things need to change here, Shopify should not show orders to any vendor that is not explicitly named as the fulfillment agent, and the default setting for sharing order information, if this is permitted at all, should be set to 'NO'.

In the meantime, to answer my friend's question above, the action that he/she must take is to go into your Printful app product page, find all the products that are unsynced (ie not intended to be fulfilled by them), use bulk-edit, and click 'Ignore'. Unfortunately, you will have to do this each and every time you add a product to your store that is not a Printful(A) product. I hope this helps others that encountered this confusion.

Reply to @hgbender 

Hello,

Best answer, which shows you really have practical knowledge.

Do you know how to set shipping rates if you use both Printful and Printify?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@hgbender wrote:

Reply to @hgbender :

Hello,

Best answer, which shows you really have practical knowledge.

Do you know how to set shipping rates if you use both Printful and Printify?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
116 8 104
Hi,

Both Printful and Printify require that you sync to their services for
shipping, so that each supplier can set their own rates. You'll see the
rates listed when you start designing a product in Printful or Printify.

Here's a tutorial from Printify:
https://help.printify.com/en/articles/2788758-how-to-set-up-printify-shipping-calculator

0 Likes