Need help with paying order. Fast, please.

Zefemix
5 0 0

So our customer bought a product. On our site we have phone number set to optional. The customer hadn't included his number, but now when I want to order that product from aliexpress, it says it needs the number. I'm kind of confused right now. Can I just type there my number? Or do I need to ask my customer for his number?

If anyone could help, that would be awesome. :)

0 Likes
Morgan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 58

Hi, there. 
Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out. Although you are able to disable or make phone numbers optional on your site, Aliexpress still uses/requires this information for their shipping purposes. 

If there is an issue with shipping the item to your customer, the courier will most likely call the number provided. If you do not provide the number of your customer, you can ultimately put yours. However, do note that if they have any troubles delivering the order, the courier would be contacting your number.  

This may not be ideal, so if you have the ability to reach out to your customer and get that info it would be best! Also, I recommend enabling customer phone numbers for your orders under Settings> Checkout for all future orders to avoid this! 

Let us know how that goes or if you have any questions. 

Cheers,
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes