New dropshipping questions

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

My store shows all inventory from my dropshipping company is out of stock even tho there site shows it's in stock. I then went to another app to see how it would work and there products also shows out of stock when I put some in the store. My wife made a purchase a couple days ago to see how it would work and the money from the sale went into my Paypal acct. I know it's a setting somewhere, I just can't find it. Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
24 6 6

Hi @Fmyers007,

Dani here from Shopify!

First of all, welcome to Shopify! That's so exciting that you are launching a new store! What sort of products are you going to be selling?

Without looking into your store, I believe the issue may be from the Locations settings. If you go to Settings > Locations and select the location your dropshipping products are set to, do you see the box checked that says "Fulfill online orders from this location"?

29-28-uue50-janwn 

If it's not checked, you'll just need to check this box and save. Once you refresh your storefront you should see your products in stock!

If this box is checked for your location, and you're still seeing your products as out of stock I'll need to take a closer look at your store. If this is the case, let me know by reply here and I'll send you an email to gather more details.

Since you're operating a dropshipping store, I thought you may find our Dropshipping 101 course interesting! It's packed full of information including obstacles and how to overcome them to be successful!

Let me know if this helps answer your question!

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 1 0
Thanks Dani for your reply. I now have inventory in my store and tried another sale through my wife's PayPal acct. Now the sale is still going into my PP acct. Shouldn't it be staying in the Shopify site so they can do payouts?
BTW my store is MIESales.com and I was trying to get the logistics part ironed out before redoing the store front and pages.
Thanks again,
Frank Myers
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
24 6 6

Hi, @Fmyers007!

Thanks for following up and clarifying that!

Generally speaking, the payout will come from whichever payment provider processed the transaction.

Since the customer checked out using the PayPal gateway, the payment is processed through PayPal and is paid out to your account there. When payments are made through PayPal, Shopify doesn't actually receive that money at all. As soon as a customer selects the option to checkout with PayPal, then the transaction is processed through their gateway. You can check to see which PayPal account is currently linked to your store by going to Settings > Payment Providers and scrolling down to the PayPal box.

If the customer checks out through the standard credit card checkout, and you have Shopify Payments enabled as your direct payment provider, then your payout would come from Shopify directly. Payouts from Shopify only come when a merchant is using our payment provider, Shopify Payments. For any other Payment Provider, payouts would come directly from them.

I'd recommend taking a look at our Getting Paid help doc to read more details about how this works!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Success.

Tourist
4 1 0
Thanks Dani, you've been very helpful.
0 Likes