Oberlo, pay and get paid not using credit card

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

I am starting my first store using Oberlo here at Shopify.

However, I do not want to get paid or pay using my credit card for now.

Is it possible to have a store where I accept payment by credit card, but I get paid to my PayPal or similar?

So if I get a sell on my store from someone using a credit card, I can order the product using PayPal (or similar) and then get the payment to my PayPal account?

Basically I do not want to add my credit card information to my store.

Thanks in advanced!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @jacobgts,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The only way to pay for a plan with Shopify is with a credit card and the same would apply for where your payments go to once you make a sale. For example, to use Shopify Payments you must connect it to a bank account and the bank account must be a full checking account, in the correct currency, eligible for ACH transfers and debits from Shopify. Virtual accounts such as Transferwise, PayPal and Revolut wouldn't be compatible. You can give your customers the option to pay via PayPal by setting up PayPal as a payment gateway if it is available as a gateway option for where you are based. Something to remember is if you have another payment gateway set up in your store and the customer chooses to pay using that gateway then it would go to the account associated with that gateway. 

But to pay for your store plan and any subsequent apps, themes, domains you would have to add a credit card to your store for that. 

I hope this helps and answers your questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks @Nick 

That helped a lot!

I will use my own card to purchase the plan and so on.

But I do not want to get the money I earn to my bank account (for now).

Is this possible?

So if I only accept paypal I will always get the payment to my paypal account, is that right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
70 3 9

You are quite sneaky.Could you tell us why you want so.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

Did not know I came across sneaky!

I just want to keep my money on an online account instead of have them on my bank account where I need to pay taxes and so on.

I am in the process of starting a business bank account which will solve that.

But for now I only have my private which I do not want to get involved (except making payment for shopify plan, marketing and so on).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @jacobgts,

But I do not want to get the money I earn to my bank account (for now).

Is this possible?

So if I only accept paypal I will always get the payment to my paypal account, is that right?

This is correct. Once the money is in your PayPal account it is then up to you whether or not you'd like to keep the money in your PayPal account or withdraw the funds to any bank account you might have associated to your PayPal. You can find out more about that specifically from PayPal's online community here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes