Opening a dropshipping store with F1 visa

halukcang
1 0 0

Hello everyone currently I am studying management in Us. I entered here with my F-1 student visa. I am aware that I can't legally work anywhere outside of the campus but I just wanted to ask that is there a different procedure for online stores. I really wanted to try what I learned in school with some practical resources. I appreciate your replies.

0 Likes
-Emma-
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 24

Hi, @halukcang!

Emma here from Shopify. Welcome to the Community! This isn't something that we could advise you on, but would recommend that you reach out to the Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for further information about your visa status and potential online business! 

All the best, 

Emma | Shopify Support 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
dilew68223
2 0 0

Get all information about US student visa on the website Globalimmigrationreviewdotcom

0 Likes

Hi @halukcang 

Since it is an online business I guess you can do it legally from your campus.  

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
BurnnerHut
7 0 0

Huh this is interesting. I hope it works out for you. When I first came to the states with the F1 visa I was kind of scared to work even on campus even though I had every right to. I remember when I was in my third year I started working at the bar on the campus. That was where I met my husband. He thought I was kind of dorky and definitely too scared to work the bar so he kind of talked to me and helped me through those first few shifts. It was kind of love/hate at first sight type of relationship things. We are married now and I am currently in the process of applying for a green card. We live in Chicago right now but we are moving to LA for his new job so I have been currently looking for a green card lawyer Los Angeles though seems to have way to many of them. There are many of them a lot of them seem to be really good but I am currently in contact with a large firm in LA who specializes in this type of thing. I am hopeful that everything will work out well. I do wish you luck though. This is the land of the brave.

0 Likes
aremae33
1 0 0

Yes im havig a huge hassle with this. Ive misplaced such a lot of income because of this its disheartening. Ad i know its now not my customers due to the fact im having this trouble with human beings form all unique nations for startup visa as you cansee. Please let me recognise in case you solved this i desperately want assist

0 Likes