Order has not left country of origin.

FineVz
2 0 0

Hello!

I have multiple orders that when I go to tracking on aliexpress, it says they have both not left the country of origin.  It says both of the items should receive before 2018-8-30 and if not I should open a dispute with aliexpress.  ePacket was used and the item was ordered on 2018-08-03.

Any suggestions on what is going on and what I should do at this point?  

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1076 94 174

Hi, there

Elle here from Shopify! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with these orders. 

First and foremost, I'd ensure that your customers are fully notified of the delays on their orders. This is important not only from a customer service standpoint, but also for chargeback avoidance. 

I'd then recommend contacting the suppliers directly, to inquire why the delay has occurred. It's completely up to you then how you'd like to proceed based on when the order will  reach the customer. This may also depend on how the customer feels. Would they like to wait knowing the delayed shipping time? Would they prefer a refund/credit? Keep them in the loop so they feel taken care of through all of this! 

You could also open a dispute with AliExpress, however, I'd give the supplier a chance to explain why the order has not left the country yet. 

Moving forward, I'd suggest utilizing products from Oberlo Verified Suppliers as these particular suppliers have been vetted for great product quality, reasonable shipping times and proper working conditions. 

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to reach out to our support if you have any other questions! We're available 24/7. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes