Password Entry for Wholesale Catalog

diagonalpalmshi
1 0 0

Hello!

I would like to add a very simple entry field to a page in order for people to get to a page with the link to my wholesale catalog. Just don't want my retail customers to have easy access.

Accordingly I just need something that says Wholesale Customers Please Enter Password {Entry Box} and if they enter the correct thing it will take them to the page with the link to our pdf catalog. It doesn't need to be very secure and the password can be the same for all wholesale customers.

Can anyone help me with the code for this? It seemed simple enough, but I am having trouble, most of my searches take me to far more complicated password applications than I need or monthly services where I would be paying every month for what should be like 20 lines of code, I imagine.

Thank you for you help!

Best,

Ricky

0 Likes
Ciarán_H
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
156 0 18

Hi there,

My name is Ciarán, I'm a Shopify Support Guru.

I'm sure a developer can help you with code, speaking to one of our Shopify Experts might be a worthwhile task.

Other than that, a lot of people do use apps. Locksmith sounds ideal, it would hide certain parts of your site from customers. Only showing certain pages and products to certain wholesale customers. Have a look and see would it work for you.

There are number of apps available in our App Store that can help you achieve a wholesale store:
- Locksmith allows you to password protect pages which can allow you to set different prices, descriptions etc for certain wholesale clients. [This Shopify doc](https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/controlling-access/members-only) goes through a customization to create members only store.  
- Supple Wholesaleand Customer Pricing both offer solutions for providing different rates to different customers and customer groups.
- Stitch Labs has some great integrations to help manage wholesale accounts. 
- Add a Product Form
-There are other options available in our App Store

Do one of these work for you? Let me know

All the best,

Ciarán H | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes