Password protected Wholesale site

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, I sell to both retail and wholesale with different products on each. I am trying to create a password protected Wholesale site within my regular site. I would like an entry page where you put the passcode in for entry into the site, and then I would like a navigable menu within that Wholesale section. I have 200 plus products and need to organise them. Bold Pricing does not work for me.

I need either a Lock that works in this way, and where I don't have to put all my products into one collection, or

I need to be able to have subcollections.

Is there anyone else out there who perhaps has done something similar or just anyone who knows an answer?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
157 0 14

Hi Ellen!

I have heard from a number of merchants who have achieved success with a similar setup using the Locksmith app to create a password-protected section of one's store which houses your wholesale products. So the app itself should be able achieve the "access restriction" side of things.

If you have any specific queries about the inner-workings of the app your questions are best directed at the app developer and feel free to let them know of your vision for your store and they will be able to state affirmatively whether the app offers the exact functionality you require.

Hope this helps!

Andrew
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your reply. I have been talking to Locksmith but the problem is that they can lock pages, a collection etc but they cannot lock by menu. I have 200 plus products which need to be organised onto different pages on a navigable menu within the Wholesale section. I am hoping Locksmith will get back to me with a solution, because if I used as is all my 200 products would be lumped together on one page for the customer to wade through, or they would have to put in a password onto each page. Both would be too tiresome for my customer. I thought another solution was if I could do sub collections on the Shopify system  but apparently that is not possible. I really want this Wholesale site! I've been so pleased with Shopify but this is a let down. There must be lots of people who want the same thing I'm sure!

Really hope you have an alternative idea!!

Thanks again for your reply,

Ellen

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

UGH! I'm in the exact same boat. I've been looking all around and keep finding apps that will do part of it but not ALL in ONE app. It's very frustrating.

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Melissa

I have found that the Locksmith app does work for me.

Basically you do have to password protect each page, but as long as you make sure the password is the same, once the customer has put in the password they don't have to re-enter it. So once they are in, they are in and you can still have your products divided into a section and running on a menu.

They are also very helpful there, so if you haven't already perhaps you could try contacting them about your particular website.

Hope you get a solution! There is always one eventually :-))

Ellen

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks so much for your response, Ellen. I'm so glad it will work that way. I think my site will pretty much be the same scenario. I guess I have some work ahead of me now!

Thanks again!
Melissa

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Pleasure!! Hope it works well!! I have found with this, as I am a complete novice, there can be things you can't find an answer to and its very frustrating but there are solutions and then its super satisfying!
Good luck with it! We'll both have brilliant websites in the end, and hopefully people will spend billions on our sites :-)) !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I want to set up one page within my site that requires member access.  Shopify directed me to Locksmith but Locksmith only works with MailChimp - which I am not using.  

(1) Is this the only app that does this?

(2) THe goal of doing this is to collect email addresses. Is this a problem using Locksmith when I am not using mailchimp (didn't get a good answer from Locksmith on this question)

(3) what has been your experience with using Locksmith - does it do the job? Not looking to make it cumbersome for my customers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I wasn't using Mailchimp when I used Locksmith and it worked fine. Don't really understand why the two need to have anything to do with each other.

Locksmith were absolutely great for me. It worked a treat on the site, and they were super helpful and patient with my enquiries.

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 1 3

Hi Deborah and Ellen,

There's another app that does exactly what you're looking for!

https://apps.shopify.com/password-protected-pages

You can add a password to almost any kind of page, and it's cheaper than locksmith too :)

0 Likes