Please help!! Legalities - GDPR, Business Address, Returns...

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hello!

I'm starting a dropshipping company in the UK (only shipping within England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, for now) and want to cover all bases to be GDPR / Tax / Trading Standards compliant.

I will be trading as a Sole Trader to start, to see if it gains traction before registering it as a business in its own right.

1. I don't have a Registered Business Address, and don't want to put my home address on the site. Do I have to put an address on the site? Or is an email address OK?

2. I've installed the GDPR banner for UK and EU (to cover Republic of Ireland). Is that enough for GDPR compliance?

3. What should I put on Terms & Conditions, and Returns pages? Should I tell customers that they'll have a returns slip in their package, giving them an address (my dropshipping company will do this for me)? And direct them to the email address, in case of further queries?

Thank you in advance. Exciting times - just need to feel reassured that I'm doing everything that I can to protect myself and my customers re. legal compliance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi, 

Your topic is really interesting for me, as I am also in the process of building the shop and I have the same questions. I have noticed in the admin panel that my address is already put in the place of suppliers address and my online stores name (legally not registered ) in place of vendor. So I feel it is not right. Will appreaciate any Ideas...  In particular

1. Do I have to register a business before selling the suppliers products. 

2. If yes, where to register if I am selling chinese products to several other countries.

3. Do I need a business address and a registered business to post an add via facebook either ?

Besides I noticed in the recent covid19 announcement of shopify, that if we claim a product to have some function, we need it to be documented. I am not sure if it refers to those who sell others products. If I put the product description that the supplyer has, do I have to get the legal documentation for each product from the supplier or what ? Will appreaciate any Ideas... 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @SuzieQ 

In UK, business registration not required for payment gateways?

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

2) No - nothing you do on Shopify will make you GDPR compliant. Sorry.

0 Likes