Price Control - Drop Shipping

Mehdi_Rafiai
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi everyone, we are near enough ready to launch our new website. After moving from a closed source platform, we are amazed on what Shopify can and will do for us.

Ok, here is the only issue with i am stuck on, pricing / profit margins.

We only drop shop at the moment, our feeds come directly from our distributors and using ecommhub, we have linked most of the distributors products up with ours, meaning if a product is out of stock from the distributor it will automatically show on the site but, i am getting really stuck and would really appreciate everyone's advice on what you do with pricing.

At the moment, the prices that show up on the front end are the prices from the distributor or ones that we have manually typed in, is there anyway that we can automate this? For example, give each product a set profit margin and then when the distributors prices change daily and then their feed is uploaded, their prices will reflect our profit margin set, then it will change the prices on the front end.

I may be completely off here so as i said above, your help is really appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Jyoti_Gupta
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Would you give me your feedback regarding this ecommercehub software? I badly require an interface in which the dropshippers can enter the details of their products as I am interested in working in that module and want to know know how smooth it is to work with shopify in this module.

0 Likes
Mehdi_Rafiai
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Jyoti,

Sure, I have been using them for a few months now and am very happy.

Before i can help i would need to know if you are distributor of products? or a reseller?

You say you require an interface in which drop shippers enter the details of their products??

I'll give you a brief outline of how i use it, i get a .CSV feed from my distributors that is uploaded a few times per day via FTP, i then setup ecommhub to grab that feed by providing access to my FTP server, ecommhub then grabs this feed and asks me what the purpose of each column is. Once that's done you will have to ensure your products SKU's match up with the distributors feed, this will enable ecommhub to match your products to the products from the distributors feed and will constantly keep the stock levels updated.

Why not try it for free? Go to apps on shopify and type ecommhub.

I am happy to help just need to know more information

Kind Regards

Jyoti_Gupta
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Thanks so much for your helpful reply.

Does it send notification to the vendors and shipping partner automatically as a transaction is done?

will definitely try its demo version now. But as you said commission calculation is done manually and the app doesn't do it, I wish if that feature could also be integrated.

0 Likes
Jyoti_Gupta
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

I have still not got the agreement format which I need to give to the vendors before we start selling their products. Would you be able to provide one?

0 Likes