QUESTION ON PRICES

Edward9
Shopify Partner
48 0 0

I have a question based on pictures alone and imagine you did not know the actual prices alone would you buy the products on my site? Do They appear to pricy for you? Thanks Just wanted to know since I had to increase prices a bit more since epacket was a little more expensive than usual. animaltrends.shop

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 436

Hey Edward!

Peter here from Shopify Support! 

For starters great call on including the cost of your shipping method in the prices of your products. From a business standpoint, this is a great way to ensure that your customers don't see unexpected costs during checkout which does help with conversions. 

Diving into your question, your prices do seem reasonable for the type of products that you're offering. I'm not an expert on what these products should cost however from my own shopping experience, both in-store and online your prices are comparable. With that being said, I'd highly suggest checking out your competition to see how they price their products to ensure you're staying competitive. If you price your products too low, then it can give off the message that the products are on the lower end of quality, whereas if you price them too high it can easily drive away traffic. It's a fairly fine line, so keeping up to date with your competition can help with this. 

Another thing to look at is your product images. If we did solely look at your product images they do come off very generic. Product images are HUGE in the e-commerce world as they give your customers a visual of what they're ordering. If it's within the budget, I'd suggest purchasing a few products and taking your own images!

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter M
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Edward9
Shopify Partner
48 0 0

Thank you. I intend to invest in some ads now. I need to start making profit since the original cost of starting up a shopify store is so much.

0 Likes